Wednesday, September 5, 2007

First Day of School

So, yesterday was the first day of school for these little monkeys. Boy was it quiet around the house!!! Luckily for me, Carson is only gone for 2 hours, 2 days a week, but we sure miss Preston. The big first grader is gone ALL DAY LONG! I have a weird mixture of feelings. From being homesick for them and relishing in a few short hours of girl time. All in all, we're thrilled the school year is here. I think it's easier for me than some moms because I know that they aren't missing me and are having a blast at school. It would be hard if it wasn't that way for them.


Preston outside of school. He tried 3 times to convince me to just drop him off, but there was no shakin' mom off on the first day! He even said he'd walk alone (never mind he had no idea what classroom he was in or even remembered his teachers name). Yeah right. That was going to happen. He loves his teacher (the sweetest lady with a southern accent-how could he not?) and so far hasn't seemed too worn out after these long days, even though he's been getting up at 6:30am! Hopefully, the excitement will wear off soon (not for his love of school or his teacher-just those dang early mornings).



Carson did WAY better than I expected. This was the kid that screamed and bawled during the half hour swim lessons and I didn't even leave the premises. He did get used to it after the first 3 days and maybe we can attribute swim lessons to his success yesterday. He was so excited that morning, even saying he wanted to go to school and Abby and Mommy stay home. As the morning wore on, however, he got a little more nervous. We walked in and started playing. I told him it was time for me to go and I could tell he was fighting an inner battle not to freak out. So, I took him over to his teacher (who just happens to be young and beautiful) and had him introduce himself to her. She was super cute and I told him to hang out with Miss Katelyn during class. He seemed alright with this (again, young and pretty) so I gave him a high five and went on my way. He was so happy when I picked him up and I think he's going to love it.



The clan. (Abby looks excited to be getting rid of her boys...hmm)


5 comments:

Steve said...

Too fast. Everyone is growing up so fast.

CaraDee said...

Yay!!! I love first grade!!! Preschool and kindergarten are a tease.

Unknown said...

its amazing how time flies. Dont worry, I am positive you will find ways to keep yourself busy. No more monkeys jumping on the bed...

Sally said...

Alleluia day for you! I hope you had a serious party. Do you ever worry that they'll like their teacher more than you? I have worried about this before. I don't want them spending all day with someone full of energy, fun and beautiful! I hope they have good years.

Brenda said...

Loving teachers more than me? Not so much Carson, he's my tumor. But Preston? It's a possibility. I freak out that the person they spend most of their time with isn't me.