Sunday, October 21, 2007

Carson's Birthday Extravaganza

So the nearly week long celebration has come to an end. We just had the most fun ever tonight. Let me explain...no time...let me sum up. Dinner, presents, game, cake, the end. Nah, I'm not gonna let ya'll off that easy.
Dinner...ahh...dinner. Mimi made her famous spaghetti for dinner. It's good to keep the masses fed.
The presents...ahh...the presents. He literally tore through them. They were more than he could handle.
The game...ahh...the game. My favoritest part. I wanted to keep with the Cars theme and have a little "race" of sorts. I thought trikes were a good idea but we couldn't find anyone who had a second one to race with. So, me thinks, "why don't the daddy's be the cars"? Best idea ever! The rules of daddy car race; tell no one about daddy car race. Not really. Race from one couch to the other. The really fun part? Watching the daddy's get too competitive and get rug burns on their feet and knees to gain the victory. Fun times for all.

The cake...ahh...the cake. This one causes me mucho guilt. We went shopping around for cakes a month back and Carson LUUVVED this Cars (of course) cake from Wal*Mart. But it was $77.00. Not gonna happen. Lucky us, Auntie Chelsea took a cake decorating class! We snapped a cell phone picture and emailed it to her with sugary pretty pleases. She's a sucker for Carson. 7 1/2 hours of labor later, (only Preston's labor was longer than that!) here's the result! She's amazing! So foncy! We can't ever, ever repay her.
That's it in a not so teeny nutshell. Check out the slide show below (side note: for those of you who are as slow as I am, if you click on "view all images" beneath the slide show, it will play it for you in a larger format. Much easier to view the pictures this way). Toodle-Ooo!

11 comments:

Christine said...

What a cool party! Carter would have been in heaven! And I love the "car racing" idea!

Holly said...

I'm so glad he had a good party!! Wish we could have been there...but I all vacationed out until Christmas! I think we are in fall NOT you! We are 60-70 degrees all week and you are still in the high 80's...thats summer NOT fall! We only get snow once a week! Its becoming tradition here. Nice week...snow on saturday. Nice week...snow on Saturday. Catch my drift? It's wierd!

Shannon said...

That cake is amazing! My Adam is all about Cars too. (4yrs.old!) We did a Cars cake for his b-day from Sam's but it was not $77 (that is outrageous! and to think parents will get that for their kids. But then again, a cake from Ace of Cakes would be like $500 or more!) and definately not as cool as that one! Was that confusing? I just re-read and I am sorry!

melanie said...

I can only imagine daddy cars crashing and getting competitive. Glad they got off the couch though. The party looks fun and his cake is adorable! So glad it wasn't $77, even if it did take 7 hours.

Shannon said...

Can you see smoke?

The Monson Crew said...

Yes, it was a great time. I love how competitive the dads got. Ryan has the war scars to prove it. I think we all died of laughter last night. I loved making the cake for my boy Carson. It made it all worth it when I saw the look on his face. We love you Carson!!!!

Brenda said...

Shannon-Yes. Lots and lots of smoke. I've been watching it all day long. The wind is insane! It's really close to Courtney's parents and in San Diego (not where Courtney's from) they've evacuated 250,000 people. So sad!

Brenda said...

I don't know if I made sense. There are approximately 14 fires in So. Cal right now. Courtney's parents live north of me and there are bad fires by them. To the south of me, in San Diego, the fires are devastating and that's where most everyone was told to leave their homes. I'm surrounded by fires but there's nothing near me. Soo lucky!

Shannon said...

So scary!

Becky Noftle said...

Glad your not on fire. Makes me sad to miss all your childrens' parties--sigh. Great job Chelsea on the cake. We will need a Star Wars Cake in December any ideas?

Triple A said...

Brenda-that cake is amazing!! Aren't birthdays the greatest?? We love to make a big deal out of birthdays as well. So I am asking all of my friends their feelings about vans. With three kids in carseats it seems like the only option. I have heard that vans are great but is it really the only option??