But hopefully it's only temporary. Our 5th computer crashed...this time it only took us 6 months to do it. We got skills. Can I just say I loathe being computer-less? I've missed you all soo much! Here's a little uppie-date.
Halloween: Twas a blast! Partied hearty at Cory and Gina's. Kiddos looked fabulous as the Black Spiderman, Cowboy and Abby Cadabby respectively (I was partial to Carson-DON'T JUDGE ME)! Majority of candy has mysteriously disappeared, the kids are blissfully unaware of rapidly depleting candy supply. Pictures coming...sometime.
School: Preston is doing loads better. Has had two "Best Day" endings and collected his Spiderman action figure reward yesterday.
Preschool: Is loved by all, but is entirely too few and far between (twice a week for two hours). He/we are left wanting more.
Family Diva: Still not acting as divaish as we predict she will someday. Weighed in at 19 pounds 7 ounces Wednesday. Not as big as some, but bigger than her pint-sized brothers were at their first birthdays. Only one month to go and my princess will be one! This is so not okay with me.
Job: I still have the same boss and salary, the boss is okay, the salary sucks. Trevor, on the other hand, has deserted the mortgage business and landed his little self a job at a CPA firm (can you hear the fanfare and choir of angels singing)! We are mucho excited and feeling incredibly, to say the least, "watched over". Long story short, bro-in-law Ryan, inspired (seriously following promptings) to talk to acquaintance at church, tells him Trevor's looking to get back into accounting. Trevor emails acquaintance his resume and gets a phone interview, lunch interview and final interview and BAM! A job. I must mention the massive prayer and fasting efforts that were rendered in our behalf (here's where I get mildly sappy). Sunday the Andersen side of the family fasted with Trev and I. That was wonderful, of course, and we have heard that so many people on both sides of the family were praying for us. Monday's final interview went okay. Trevor didn't have the greatest impression of his performance and had put a ton of pressure on himself. He was being hard on himself. Tuesday went by with no word. Called acquaintance that night and he reassured Trevor that he had made a good impression. I so appreciated everyone's thoughts and prayers for us, but have to say that one persons effort touched me most. My sweet 11 year old niece, Kylie, fasted for a FULL 24 hours for her Uncle Trevor! I didn't even do that (I use the fast-for-two-meals approach and have a late dinner and then early dinner the next day-totally cheating, I know)! I was so impressed with her and admit to tearing a little when Holly told me (I haven't cried this much since I was in high school-some of you remember those days). Anyway, Kylie you are such a sweet young lady and I'm so proud to be your aunt! All the praying and fasting worked. Got the offer yesterday (which is now in my top five perfect days) and he starts on Monday. Not bad for two weeks time.
As I stated above, I hate being techno-free. Trevor hopes to remedy this on Monday when he brings home a company issued laptop. WAHOO!!!
Halloween: Twas a blast! Partied hearty at Cory and Gina's. Kiddos looked fabulous as the Black Spiderman, Cowboy and Abby Cadabby respectively (I was partial to Carson-DON'T JUDGE ME)! Majority of candy has mysteriously disappeared, the kids are blissfully unaware of rapidly depleting candy supply. Pictures coming...sometime.
School: Preston is doing loads better. Has had two "Best Day" endings and collected his Spiderman action figure reward yesterday.
Preschool: Is loved by all, but is entirely too few and far between (twice a week for two hours). He/we are left wanting more.
Family Diva: Still not acting as divaish as we predict she will someday. Weighed in at 19 pounds 7 ounces Wednesday. Not as big as some, but bigger than her pint-sized brothers were at their first birthdays. Only one month to go and my princess will be one! This is so not okay with me.
Job: I still have the same boss and salary, the boss is okay, the salary sucks. Trevor, on the other hand, has deserted the mortgage business and landed his little self a job at a CPA firm (can you hear the fanfare and choir of angels singing)! We are mucho excited and feeling incredibly, to say the least, "watched over". Long story short, bro-in-law Ryan, inspired (seriously following promptings) to talk to acquaintance at church, tells him Trevor's looking to get back into accounting. Trevor emails acquaintance his resume and gets a phone interview, lunch interview and final interview and BAM! A job. I must mention the massive prayer and fasting efforts that were rendered in our behalf (here's where I get mildly sappy). Sunday the Andersen side of the family fasted with Trev and I. That was wonderful, of course, and we have heard that so many people on both sides of the family were praying for us. Monday's final interview went okay. Trevor didn't have the greatest impression of his performance and had put a ton of pressure on himself. He was being hard on himself. Tuesday went by with no word. Called acquaintance that night and he reassured Trevor that he had made a good impression. I so appreciated everyone's thoughts and prayers for us, but have to say that one persons effort touched me most. My sweet 11 year old niece, Kylie, fasted for a FULL 24 hours for her Uncle Trevor! I didn't even do that (I use the fast-for-two-meals approach and have a late dinner and then early dinner the next day-totally cheating, I know)! I was so impressed with her and admit to tearing a little when Holly told me (I haven't cried this much since I was in high school-some of you remember those days). Anyway, Kylie you are such a sweet young lady and I'm so proud to be your aunt! All the praying and fasting worked. Got the offer yesterday (which is now in my top five perfect days) and he starts on Monday. Not bad for two weeks time.
As I stated above, I hate being techno-free. Trevor hopes to remedy this on Monday when he brings home a company issued laptop. WAHOO!!!
12 comments:
Going without the internet is never OK. Sadly that makes me admit my addition. Someday I'll work on recovery.
I'm so happy about the job for Trevor. Family is so awesome, what a testimony at 11. Thanks for the example Kylie! I love the 'watched over' feeling. I've felt it many times and it cannot be denied!
As for the blog book question, go to blurb.com. You download a program and import your whole blog or the posts you choose. And choose soft or hard cover and bam they print you a book. I want my blog as a journal and hope to get it done at the end of the year. It really isn't that much either. Look into it.
Longest comment ever! BUT one more thing, I LOVE catch up posts. This one's perfect.
Yea!!! I was wondering what happened to you. Congrats on the new job. Is it in the same town?
That is so awesome for you and Trevor. I remember you saying that he had that interview. Very cool. Maybe someday he can get an in for Eric...ha. Bummer about the computer. We have an electronic problem too but ours is generally for cameras and DVD players. (I will never not purchase a warranty again). See you later.
Hooray! We are seriously soo excited for you! Although still secretly wishing the offer was in Utah!
Yay for Trevor! I'm so happy for you guys! I hope he likes his new job. I was getting a little worried about you guys! I hope you can get your computer soon!
PS Where are you working?? You should get a job at Disneyland!!!
Congrats on the new job! and welcome back to the world of accounting :) I can't believe that Abby is turing one already...this year has flown by!
Congratulations! I love it when you know there was divine intervention in your lives.
How did the first day at the new job go? Do they have satelite offices anywhere else?!
How exciting for Trevor! Isn't it funny how things work out? Just takes that leap of faith and you put yourself in the right spot for good things to happen.
p.s. did you ever get the CARS I sent?
I wondered where you went. So sorry about being computer-less. You must be going crazy.
Congrats on the new job for your husband. Thanks for sharing the fasting story - I am subbing in primary this week and the lesson is on fasting so I am going to share it.
Where do you work? Are you still doing phlebotomy? I am happy that things are going well for you guys. It's good to hear from you!
Post a Comment