Thursday, November 29, 2007

Yes, it's true


I'm 30
(the red text, bold/italicized large print is for you Rebecky). In fact, 22 years ago today, I was baptized. Is that as long ago as it sounds? I still remember a lot about it. Only my immediate family was there. Both sets of grandparents plus cousins Kyle and Melanie had traveled together and the car broke down. I remember that my sisters brought their non-member friend Kim. Strange that I remember her. But I remember what it felt like when I was in the water and especially what it felt like being confirmed. I even know what I got as presents that year. My first Book of Mormon engraved with my name. Cute, huh? What a great day.
Returning to the present, the kids were "extra" good for me on my birthday. When Trevor got home, he took us all to Black Angus, and then we picked out a Christmas tree. Just what I wanted! I love decorating for Christmas. Trevor likes to watch me decorate for Christmas! Still, it was a great birthday.
I didn't think it would bother me to be 30. The night before I was seriously bummed! The twenties were gone! It doesn't help that I've never weighed more! The next morning, however, I had to change my attitude. I have everything. My honey still thinks I'm hot, my kids are healthy and love me, I even get to take care of two cute, although slightly obnoxious, dogs. I have a cute home, nice weather, family, friends, books, blogs, music, TiVo, chocolate, new sunglasses, and pumpkin pie in the fridge. What more is there? I admit that I had to, again, be reminded of this by someone who is going through a rough time right now, sorry no details. But still, I have a lot. That's the point of this rambling post.
I'll end with a line from a country song (everyone can relate to country songs btw).
"I still remember, when 30 was old"...so true.

A few of my favorite things.

15 comments:

Janet + Craig said...

Welcome to the "Cool girls club" my friend! You know, membership is based solely on age and until now... you weren't allowed, not cool enough you see... Now that you can handle all that these next 10 have to offer, the doors are wide open!

Happy, Happy Birthday!

Heather said...

Happy 30! It's not so bad. Coming up on 35 is BAD. 40 is waaaay bad. Let's pretend we're not going there! Miss you tons!

Jyll said...

Oh please! You're only 30? Just remember I will always be older than you. On my next birthday I'll be creeping into the mid-30's. Now how sad is that?

melanie said...

So glad you had a good birthday. I love your list of blessings..I wish I had pumpkin pie in my fridge, yum!

Cute picture of the kids!

Katie said...

Happy Birthday! Trust you to see the glass as half full. Really, what more could you want, right? New sunglasses can't be beat. I am glad to hear you had a good day. I'll be putting a similar post on my blog come March. Yikes. By the way - love the Air Supply song on your blog! Brings back the memories!

TheShippenFamily said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like a great day!! PS I love Abby'e earings they are so cute!

Ashly said...

Hey Crazy-
It was so good chatting the other night! Thirty is going to be great -I am saying that for my own benefit as well. And you don't look a day over 19, way back when we met. I am serious, I saw that picture at Black Angus and you look awesome!

The Fear Fam said...

Happy Birthday, Brenda!

You know, 30 didn't really bother me, but 31 did. But don't worry, I'm sure it won't bother you. ;o)

~Amy F.

The Fear Fam said...

Happy Birthday, Brenda!

You know, 30 didn't really bother me, but 31 did. But don't worry, I'm sure it won't bother you. ;o)

~Amy F.

The Fear Fam said...

Trust me to post twice. Stupid Blogger. And now this makes three times. Grrr!

TGIF.

~Amy F.

Kenise said...

Happy B-day!! I think we have the same B-day! I also turned 30 on Monday--but my birthday just got bumped because we had our little girl Kylie that night--I have a feeling my birthday just became hers!! O well she is pretty cute!

Kenise said...

Happy B-day!! I think we have the same B-day! I also turned 30 on Monday--but my birthday just got bumped because we had our little girl Kylie that night--I have a feeling my birthday just became hers!! O well she is pretty cute!

Steve said...

Happy Birthday!!

Unknown said...

I already said Happy Bday but hey whats another? Remember...this is a new beginning. 20's were good but 30's are going to even better...HAPPY 30!

CaraDee said...

Happy Birthday!

Wow, I didn't know you were 2 full years older than me....I'll be enjoying that knowledge for exactly 2 years, then life will be over. JK. Brandon had his 30th bday on the 23rd. So close! Anyway, you look exactly the same, still super beautiful!