Remember the days from college? You and your roommates would stay up all hours of the night and work through most of the day. You never felt tired and you had the energy of a freakin' energizer bunny. You lived on Diet Coke and popcorn and your only square meal of the day was a Denny's Grand Slam at 3am (in all fairness this was my diet and sometimes it was Village Inn instead of Denny's).
Last night Trevor and I tried to relive some of those glory days. We went over to our friends, the Schaumann's, (or Mrs. Heather's according to Carson) to have dinner (the square meal of the day) and play games. We always have way too much fun with them. They've taught us pinochle and I'm ashamed to say the boys worked the girls in the first game (even after I had a double pinochle). At 1pm, we wanted a rematch. The boys wanted to take a break and play Wii. They did.
When we did finally start playing the last game, things were getting a little silly in my head. You know that feeling where everything is stinkin' hilarious? That was me last night. Trevor just got louder and louder as the night progressed and Heather seemed somewhere between Giddyland and Cheeryville. Then there was Kirk. He was taking off his glasses and rubbing his eyes, trying to stay awake. Trevor would take a year to figure out what card he was going to pass or play and then it got so late that Trevor was making stupid mistakes that are very uncharacteristic of him. Finally, when Trevor blew the win with one incoherent play, Kirk cries out, "Are you trying not to go home?" His pleading wasn't hard to miss! So, what with the silliness and exhaustion, we put the game on hold til, next time. That was at 2:15am. I'm still so tired that reading over this is putting me into a fit of hysterics. I realize that it's not even that funny. I'm just soooo tired!!!
I fear I've put Kirk in a bad light. He was much more patient with us than we deserved and I do believe he had fun. My point in all this is that I am not young anymore. It's 11:44 right now and I am ready for a nap. Bare in mind that Trevor let me sleep in until 10 (I'm SUCH a loser).
8 comments:
Ha Ha, Sounds like my life
Resurrected from the dead! I'm glad you're back!
We miss playing games with you guys! I know how you feel though. I stayed out until about 1am for a girls night and it about killed me. It's just not worth it anymore.
I would love to have an ounce of energy that I had back in the old college days. I don't know what happened in the last 10 years (ok, other than it's been 10 years and I'm getting old) - but midnight is my limit and I'm done.
Sounds like a good time, though!
I can hardly keep my eyes open today and i only stayed up until 11
Bring it on!! I'm all about a good card game!!! Thanks for being such a good sport and staying up so late, I had a great time!! Kirk also had a fabulous time, but as you know he is the oldest in the bunch!!
Hey, we are coming on Sunday and will be there until Saturday or Sunday. I will call you so we can figure out a time to get together.
What a thought - being awake at 2:15am because you choose to be.
Post a Comment