Tuesday, February 12, 2008

9 Years and Still No Itching...


~Here we are at A wedding, just not OUR wedding~

It's our Anniversary! Nine years baby! I wanted to scan pictures of our dating and engagement and wedding days, but I don't know how to work my scanner (don't judge me). We were pretty cute back then though:)

I could write what I wrote in my journal back in those days. "He's so cute...I wonder if he loves me as much as I love him... I'm practically begging him to propose and he still hasn't"...all that stuff.

I could tell you about the day we met (at the Plasma center by the donor scale). I could tell you how we were introduced, by Ashly who was dating his roommate Jared, (Ashly: "Trevor this is my friend Brenda. Isn't she cute? You guys totally need to go out but it can only be as friends because she's waiting for a missionary."). I wasn't that impressed. In my defense, I was a little blind at the time. Or I could tell you about the next 6 months that, Trevor says, he was "working his Miles' charm" until we finally went on our first date (to Movies 8 where we watched Rainman, and then to Brick Oven). I could tell you that the only reason we went, was because Ashly didn't want to go on her blind date alone. I could tell you about the miscommunication (due to the vicodin Trevor was on at the time) that led Trevor to believe he was on a date with Ashly (he asked Jared if it was okay first, since they had dated, he said "Sure! She's a good kisser!"). How Ashly forced our hands together to hold (so juvenile). How it took him 2 more dates to kiss me (on Ashly's couch in the Liberty Square Apartments). Looking back, it seems like Ashly was very "present" in the beginning of our relationship.

I could tell you that he left for home 3 weeks later and we began the dreaded long distance relationship. I could tell you about the first trip I took to his house (ironically the one we live in now) and my mothers advice to, "not be too loud". It felt like he was gone for so long that summer! Absence makes the heart grow fonder, though, and he came back at the end of August. It took him almost a month later to propose. I thought I would die! It took foreeeeeeever.

I could tell you about that long awaited night, when he took me to dinner (at Brick Oven) and then faked having a stomach ache and left me alone at the table for 20 minutes. When he came back he was with his sister, Chelsea (who took pictures) and roommate Jeffrey (who serenaded me). He got down on one knee, his face beet red, and asked me to marry him. I said yes, and the rest is history.

I could tell you all this, but I won't. It's too personal.

There's been 5 homes, 4 fish, 3 kids, and 2 dogs since then, and I love him more than ever. I'm almost embarrassed about the amount of love I had for him the day we were married. Don't get me wrong, I did love him. A lot. It just pales in comparison to how I feel now. He's my best friend, and my buddy. This may sound weird, I don't really know how to say it, but I really LIKE him. I don't just love him because he's my husband, but I like being around him. If I could pick anyone in the world to hang out with, it would always be him. I really couldn't prefer anyone more.

So, Happy Anniversary Baby! I love you!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats Brenda and Trevor! I was thinking about you today as this would have been my 10th anniversary. I CANNOT believe it has been that long! Oh how time flies. Love the BLOG book idea too. What an easy way to scrapbook for us non-scrapbookers! :)

Becky Noftle said...

Can I have a knife to cut all that cheese you just served? Please any knife will do!

The Fear Fam said...

Ha! Brenda you are too funny! Congrats and happy anniversary!

Isn't it nice to be married to someone you actually like?!? How sad that that's a weird concept to so many people! Can I use any more exclamation points?!?!

~A

Jyll said...

Ahh, that is so sweet. Happy anniversary! You almost got me all teary-eyed at the end. Must be those pregnancy hormones working overdrive...or your beautiful tribute to the man you love:) Here's to another 50+ years!

Misty said...

Happy Anniversary! PS - you look gorgeous in that picture.

Janet + Craig said...

I love it, love it, love it! You guys rocks are super cute. Fun, loving, silly and deeply sweet.

Here's to eternity with the best guys ever!

Congrats!

Christine said...

Happy Anniversary! Brenda, you have such a great memory! You can remember every little detail. I wish I was more like that.

CaraDee said...

Happy Anniversary. And great timing on the Val Day week. Two in one?

Kenise said...

Wow does that bring back a lot of memories!!!! Jared always said "Trevor needed Brenda--he never would have made it without her!" You guys are perfect for each other! When you first started dating was that when Trevor had finger surgery? I can't believe that was 9 years ago--Jared and I celebrate our 10th Anniversary in Aug!!!!