Can I just say, I love being a mommy? It's so fun having the boys in school where they get to make presents for me:) It's fabulous.
Friday, I was invited to a Mother's Day Tea in Carson's Preschool class. It was possibly the cutest thing ever. When I walked in the door, he escorted me to my chair where there was a place mat he had made with his little hands on it. Awww. Then all the little kiddies served their moms lemonade, sandwiches and fruit. Not only did we get lunch, but we got entertainment too. They sang us two songs about mothers (we'll pretend that they weren't primary songs for the sake of separation of church and school). Carson hid behind his hands the entire time, which is strange since he always does so well when all eyes of a large group are on him. Ah, well, such is Carson, right?
~At the end of the video you can hear Miss Tammy telling me that he's their loudest singer in class. Of course.~
Then, Miss Heather read a questionnaire sheet that the kids had filled out about their moms. According to Carson, my name is Brenda, I have blue eyes and brown hair. I love to wear pink. I am 21 years old (he's my favorite child) and my favorite thing to do is play with him. This part was adorable. It's such a riot to hear what these little turkeys actually think about their moms. One mom was 9 years old and one was 49. Ouch. Then they presented us with a little gift. It was a laminated paper flower with Carson's picture in it. On the back it says, "I love my mom because she scratches my back and makes me grow up to be a policeman." Presh...ious! He was so proud of it.
~Carson presenting me with my gift~ Carson and mommy with his magnet flower~
Saturday was a pretty busy day. I'm going to blog about it later since I'm reserving this post for Mother's Day only. But Saturday night, Trevor and I went to the store to get ingredients for my Mothers Day Breakfast in Bed. While we were there he apologized for not getting me anything. He's been working until 7pm every night and hurries home to see us, so he hasn't exactly had a lot of time to go shopping. So instead, I picked out some flowers at Albertson's for myself. I'm not bragging or anything, but they're really pretty.
Saturday was a pretty busy day. I'm going to blog about it later since I'm reserving this post for Mother's Day only. But Saturday night, Trevor and I went to the store to get ingredients for my Mothers Day Breakfast in Bed. While we were there he apologized for not getting me anything. He's been working until 7pm every night and hurries home to see us, so he hasn't exactly had a lot of time to go shopping. So instead, I picked out some flowers at Albertson's for myself. I'm not bragging or anything, but they're really pretty.
Sunday morning I did get my traditional french toast, fruit, and OJ in bed. Preston had made a gigantic card at school for me. Again, so fun to have school aged kids. After church we headed over to Mimi and Papa's for dinner and games. I love not doing dishes or changing diapers or fixing meals or dealing with whiners for a whole day. It was a fantastic break.
~Breakfast in Bed~Preston with his card~
I don't know if I mentioned it but I love being a mommy. It is such an incredibly, exhausting, rewarding station in life. I love my 3 vastly different kids and their distinct personalities. They are amazing to watch everyday as they learn and grow. I often find myself in awe of them when I'm not feeling overwhelmed or too busy cooking or cleaning or blogging. This really is the best gig I could ever ask for.
Happy Mother's Day to me!
12 comments:
Happy Moms day to you! Can't believe you have three little kiddos,(well four if you count you know who) Sure do miss ya! xoxo
How cute! Sounds like you had a good day. I LOVE being a mom too...lifes greatest blessing for SURE!! Hooray for Mom's and being a Mom!! How much longer till you come again??
Awww, how sweet! Your mother's day was much better than mine. I won't go into details. :) But I'm very glad you had a nice one and that you even got breakfast in bed - LUCKY!
Oh, and Happy belated Mother's Day!
So glad you had a wonderful mother's day! You're a great mommy...love reading about your lil' troop!
Love, Katie Allred
so glad to hear you had a great mom's day!!!
Ditto to all you said in the last paragraph. Cute kids! Happy Mother's Day!
I'm with you, my favorite part is the kids making stuff for us.
WE went to JC Penny. Hey I recognize a little girl in Carson's class. Does he have a little girl named Qunicy Coles in his class? SHe is in my primary.
I totally love the look on Carson's face when he is giving you his gift - it is priceless. Being a mom is the greatest!
That is so sweet. Happy Mother's Day!
I ran into Holly the other day. It was fun to see her. I can't believe how old her kids are! She said you came to Utah for like not even a day. You guys are crazy! I can't believe we weren't your first stop. :) KIDDING. Thanks again for that YW info the other night. Sorry to bug you. It was good to talk to you for a minute though.
Sweet post Brenda. I don't admit it to the kids (might swell their egos) but I love being a mommy too.
Brenda-
I'm glad you had a Happy Mother's Day too!
It is great to be a mom!
Sorry we missed you guys. We really aren't that far, so we will have to get together this summer!
Shantil
Post a Comment