Monday, June 2, 2008

Tribute to Virtues

One last brag-fest, before school is officially out. Okay, it's not going to be the last time, sorry. I was lying to fit in and make you all like me. Becky's right, I do have self esteem issues. Anyway, Preston's teacher puts on a "Tribute to Virtues" night for just her class. She teaches virtues that, she believes, are disappearing from classrooms and likes to have the kids highlight what they have learned over the past year. It wasn't as cheesy as it sounds. They each had a little solo piece prepared. Preston read a poem to Abby, so we got to go on stage with him. Trevor worked late all week, so was unable to attend. His parents gallantly stepped in to help me with the two little monkeys. Despite their help, Carson was my leach all night and I was so nuts afterward that I considered driving myself to the psych ward. Seriously, it's time to cut the cord, dude. We taped it for Trevor's benefit more than yours. I'm just nice enough to share. You're welcome. Oh, the kids are laughing because Abby is doing her darndest to escape from my arms. The bumpy recording is attributed to Abby and the fact that Carson followed me onstage and was trying to grab my other arm to hold him too.




Coming soon, a field trip, a "bubble day", and a preschool graduation. Try not to suffer too much anticipation.

6 comments:

Janet + Craig said...

Hey lady! Thanks for the heads up. Will you pop back over and let me know if it's still screwy. One other person mentioned the same thing but I figured it was operator error since every time I looked at it was fine. Have a good night!

Devri said...

Oh, I almost feel bad for you, remember Aanya's program nightmare, I still wake up at night from it... I think Preston is so cute, can you say that about growing boys?

The Monson Crew said...

Way to go Preston!

Katie said...

Very cute! That's actually a really good idea that the teacher has - I like it.

Oh - I noticed your Breaking Dawn counter thing. I saw this on a friends blog, if you're interested: http://heidithehappymom.blogspot.com/

Misty said...

Ahhhhh.

Holly said...

Nice poem Preston! Someday when he is a teenager, you'll wish you had Carson leeching to you...so try to enjoy it. I know its hard. Can't wait to see you guys again!