Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Beach (Cry) Babies

~Abby and her prisoners~My little dudes~

If I have to live in SoCal, away from all my family, I'm going to take advantage of it! We've started going to Newport Beach every week. We bought the boys some boogie boards and everything. We are so tubular. The last time we went, I was so stoked. We had the new boards, I had a ton of snacks and Diet Coke and all our friends were going to be there. I had packed up the car the night before so we could head out asap that morning. Fast forward to the next morning. The boys didn't want to go. They were crying and yelling and throwing "Brenda worthy" tantrums. Whatever! Who doesn't want to go to the beach? What kind of crazy people do I live with? I was having none of it. I shoved them in the van and off we went. They pouted and cried and generally made sure that it was no fun for anyone. Once we got there, Carson was fine. He sort of played in the water and he always has fun digging in the sand. I think the last 45 minutes Preston finally joined in with the sand digging. All his other friends barely came out of the water to eat lunch. The water was too cold for him. What a pansy! Anyway, I brought my crap camera as to document the day. I didn't get much. And that concludes my rant on our last beach trip. Next up: Swimming lessons and the screaming fits that Carson throws each time.

~The biggest Beach Baby~Carson tries out his board~

~Mmm. Sandy grapes~

5 comments:

Louise said...

Come on Preston, don't act like your oldest cousin! Jump in that cold water, you'll get numb after a while, then it'll be fun-I promise!! Love, Grandma

Joneel said...

Funny post. Are you going with the ward? I'm thinking about it.

Shannon said...

Hey - Brian used to work in Newport Beach. It is beautiful! I'm jealous you are so close to the beach. I guess I could go if I fancied driving to Mexico...

Devri said...

You gonna be changing sandy diapers for the next week, all cuz of those sandy grapes.1!!!

Misty said...

CRAP! I would give a LOT to go to the beach all the time. Your kids have it way too great!