I've heard some griping about it being a while since I posted last. I'm on vacation people! But, because I love you all so much, and because I love to hear stories about myself, I'm giving you a little challenge. Leave me your favorite memory of you and I in the comments section. Was that last sentence grammatically correct? Who cares I'm on vacation. This was a tag, but since I don't believe in tags, I'm making it just a regular old, run-of-the-mill post. Feel free to do the same.
16 CommentsClose this window Jump to comment form
CaraDee said...
A lot of people have that problem...Emma T, Dayna, my Mom's cousin Carl...it's an epidemic.
So my favorite memory of you is the time that the Tillotsons heard you on their baby monitor and told the whole neighborhood..."Oh Troy"
July 19, 2008 9:19 AM
devri said...
Don't even want to know the info on that last post..OUCH!! K- so I can't think right now, but there are too many, so I will get back with ya.
July 19, 2008 11:46 AM
devri said...
Ok have a lot but my favorite mem I think is when we went swimming with our babies.. fun times, that is when I really got to know you outside of work..
July 19, 2008 10:17 PM
Ashly said...
How about that time you backed into someone in the Dunkin' Donuts parking lot? Was that before of after we had cleaned Jeff's condo with ABBA blasting? Or that time we went to see Titanic and bawled like babies, even an hour later, and Cyndi's boyfriend said "wasn't that so cool when that guy hit the propeller as the boat sank?" I wanted to sock him! Or when we used to sleep in the same bed? Fixing each other's sticks and stinky, STRANGE donors (where do you think Lorne is these days)? Or all that BBQ chicken pizza from Brick Oven? Yum, Yum!!! Singing Alison Krauss at the top of our lungs? etc, etc, etc, people are already wondering....
July 20, 2008 11:58 AM
Cheryl Anne said...
I was thinking about you the other day because I've been fighting thyroid problems again. I remember a time at Alpha (oh the good ol days, lol) when you defended me to a donor who thought it seemed like a pretty good illness to have, and you told them how tired I felt and how my hands shook and pulse raced. We have a messed up society to think that just because you lose weight, it can't be that bad.
July 20, 2008 2:27 PM
Jami said...
Brenda- I just wanted to tell you that i love checking your blog. Sorry I don't comment more...Anyway, I remember when we found out we were having twins and we were totally freaked out, we came over to talk to you and Trevor and you totally helped get me excited about it when everyone else was like saying how they're rather die than have two babies at once. :)
July 21, 2008 10:38 AM
Becky Noftle said...
Brenda, member that time you broke Mom's neck?? Or lost Dad's wedding ring? Or wrecked the car Mom and Dad owned three weeks? Or wrecked the honda you bought from Michael and I? Or wrecked the _______ (place your vehicle here)?! Or had an HIV postive cat? Or had sweaty thighs, that's right everyone, thighs. Or that time you bought my children the outfits they would wear home from the hospital. Or member when you would always keep track of Jackson's crazy chemo schedule and call me those evenings to "talk me down from the ledge"? Or that time you came home for Jackson's baptism, Sammi's baptism and all five of my babies blessings? Yeah, member that!
July 21, 2008 10:28 PM
Granny DeeAnn said...
Brenda,
I'm so old I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning. I think I remember that you were the Queen of Drama! I can't believe you robbed me of my title! I think it is genetic and not from your mother's side. Need I say more? Waiting for your post from Park City.
July 21, 2008 10:50 PM
Heather said...
Remember that time you ratted on me and told mom I bought a bikini? Remember that time you moved away to California? I'm still having a hard time getting over that one!
July 22, 2008 6:48 AM
melanie said...
Remember the time I told you Santa wasn't real? Oh my, I do. I got in big, big trouble with Aunt Louise! Remember going to the Andersen reunion in UT and singing Garth Brooks all day long. Not sure where that memory came from, is it real?
July 22, 2008 8:12 AM
Brenda said...
Ahh, Melly. I still know the "Ropin' the Wind" CD by heart.
July 22, 2008 9:40 AM
Misty said...
I just remember the story you told me about taking a urine lab at a clients house and spilling their pee all over their kitchen table. You are awesome!!!
July 22, 2008 4:21 PM
thomalee said...
I remember you when you were nice and pregnant with Abby and you helped cater Caitlin's wedding all day long...remember all that crazy punch mixing? :) thanks.
July 22, 2008 9:15 PM
Louise said...
I remember when you were about 10 months old and I found you in the middle of a huge pile of books you had been busy removing from a book case. All I said was "Brenda" in a stern voice of course. You melted into a million tears. It took me a long time to calm you down. You were such an easy, good baby, it was probably the first time I'd ever raised my voice at you, and boy, did the "drama queen" in you emerge!! I don't think I raised my voice at you again until you about 10 yrs old!
July 22, 2008 9:45 PM
Garn Family said...
The first memory that came to mind....playing on the Alpha softball team! Fun times at Alpha!
Love you blog and your darling kids!
July 22, 2008 10:34 PM
katie said...
Maybe this is a little embarrassing, but oh well. I remember driving to Kanab to stay with your sister (round about way to Vegas - finals were for suckers, right?) and singing the soundtrack to "Annie" and Air Supply's "Making Love Out of Nothing at All" at the top of our lungs to stay awake. It did the trick, right? Not so much for the lady who rolled her car the next day, huh?
July 26, 2008 6:21 PM
Sally said...
Sorry Brenda, I've been out of town. Let's see, there's the story I remember hearing from you about your father in law peeing in the snow on your front lawn because you weren't home from church yet. I'm still telling that one. I also heard you had a swing in your bedroom, but I'm not sure if that was true or not. :)
August 7, 2008 7:42 PM
18 comments:
A lot of people have that problem...Emma T, Dayna, my Mom's cousin Carl...it's an epidemic.
So my favorite memory of you is the time that the Tillotsons heard you on their baby monitor and told the whole neighborhood..."Oh Troy"
Don't even want to know the info on that last post..OUCH!! K- so I can't think right now, but there are too many, so I will get back with ya.
Ok have a lot but my favorite mem I think is when we went swimming with our babies.. fun times, that is when I really got to know you outside of work..
How about that time you backed into someone in the Dunkin' Donuts parking lot? Was that before of after we had cleaned Jeff's condo with ABBA blasting? Or that time we went to see Titanic and bawled like babies, even an hour later, and Cyndi's boyfriend said "wasn't that so cool when that guy hit the propeller as the boat sank?" I wanted to sock him! Or when we used to sleep in the same bed? Fixing each other's sticks and stinky, STRANGE donors (where do you think Lorne is these days)? Or all that BBQ chicken pizza from Brick Oven? Yum, Yum!!! Singing Alison Krauss at the top of our lungs? etc, etc, etc, people are already wondering....
I was thinking about you the other day because I've been fighting thyroid problems again. I remember a time at Alpha (oh the good ol days, lol) when you defended me to a donor who thought it seemed like a pretty good illness to have, and you told them how tired I felt and how my hands shook and pulse raced. We have a messed up society to think that just because you lose weight, it can't be that bad.
Brenda- I just wanted to tell you that i love checking your blog. Sorry I don't comment more...Anyway, I remember when we found out we were having twins and we were totally freaked out, we came over to talk to you and Trevor and you totally helped get me excited about it when everyone else was like saying how they're rather die than have two babies at once. :)
Brenda, member that time you broke Mom's neck?? Or lost Dad's wedding ring? Or wrecked the car Mom and Dad owned three weeks? Or wrecked the honda you bought from Michael and I? Or wrecked the _______ (place your vehicle here)?! Or had an HIV postive cat? Or had sweaty thighs, that's right everyone, thighs. Or that time you bought my children the outfits they would wear home from the hospital. Or member when you would always keep track of Jackson's crazy chemo schedule and call me those evenings to "talk me down from the ledge"? Or that time you came home for Jackson's baptism, Sammi's baptism and all five of my babies blessings? Yeah, member that!
Brenda,
I'm so old I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning. I think I remember that you were the Queen of Drama! I can't believe you robbed me of my title! I think it is genetic and not from your mother's side. Need I say more? Waiting for your post from Park City.
Remember that time you ratted on me and told mom I bought a bikini? Remember that time you moved away to California? I'm still having a hard time getting over that one!
Remember the time I told you Santa wasn't real? Oh my, I do. I got in big, big trouble with Aunt Louise! Remember going to the Andersen reunion in UT and singing Garth Brooks all day long. Not sure where that memory came from, is it real?
Ahh, Melly. I still know the "Ropin' the Wind" CD by heart.
I just remember the story you told me about taking a urine lab at a clients house and spilling their pee all over their kitchen table. You are awesome!!!
I remember you when you were nice and pregnant with Abby and you helped cater Caitlin's wedding all day long...remember all that crazy punch mixing? :) thanks.
I remember when you were about 10 months old and I found you in the middle of a huge pile of books you had been busy removing from a book case. All I said was "Brenda" in a stern voice of course. You melted into a million tears. It took me a long time to calm you down. You were such an easy, good baby, it was probably the first time I'd ever raised my voice at you, and boy, did the "drama queen" in you emerge!! I don't think I raised my voice at you again until you about 10 yrs old!
The first memory that came to mind....playing on the Alpha softball team! Fun times at Alpha!
Love you blog and your darling kids!
Maybe this is a little embarrassing, but oh well. I remember driving to Kanab to stay with your sister (round about way to Vegas - finals were for suckers, right?) and singing the soundtrack to "Annie" and Air Supply's "Making Love Out of Nothing at All" at the top of our lungs to stay awake. It did the trick, right? Not so much for the lady who rolled her car the next day, huh?
Sorry Brenda, I've been out of town. Let's see, there's the story I remember hearing from you about your father in law peeing in the snow on your front lawn because you weren't home from church yet. I'm still telling that one. I also heard you had a swing in your bedroom, but I'm not sure if that was true or not. :)
I remember blog stalking you through Joneel's blog and thinking you were HILARIOUS!! And also that we would be the best of friends if we lived closer because I love me some Miles family!!
Post a Comment