Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I Have Nothing To Blog About

Seriously, I know it's been awhile, but nothing is going on. We have Parent Teacher Conferences this week so school's been getting out around noon. We hang out, do homework, watch a little T.V., clean up a bit (and by a bit, I mean a LOT), wait for Trevor to get home and that's about it. So now you get a little taste of what I do. Pretty dang exciting. I actually do have something I'm working on, only my mother and sisters know what that is. I can't blog about it, however, until it's finished. It will blow you away though.

Let's see, the car is still in the shop. It was the alternator so it WAS under warranty. Trevor went to pick it up last Saturday and it died again as he was driving it out of the parking lot. I guess it wasn't the alternator, but some still believe it is. I'm just as confused as the rest of you. So we're back to square one. I've stopped caring what happens there. It's old news and I'm bored with it, frankly.

Trevor's been working 60+ hours for the last few weeks. It's crunch time for auditors, evidently. We miss him, but I have to admit, there's one plus to it. I don't have to cook dinner. Really, the only person I have to impress is him when it comes to dinner. The kids don't care. Yes, they still get fed, it's just not fancy and I don't put much effort (if any) into it. Don't judge me.

Carson said something mildly funny today. As we were driving home from dropping off Preston, it was really quiet in the car. It's a rare thing. Anyway, after a few minutes of silence, Carson says to himself, "Yep. We're on Earth." That's it. I didn't respond and he didn't offer any other explanation. I'd love to hear what was going on in his little mind to prompt such an obvious statement like that. So random, that boy.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

That doesn't sound like you dont have anything to blog about. Sometimes the best posts are the totally random ones.

Louise said...

I love that Carson. Wouldn't you just love to know what was in his little head at the moment? Love you all.

Granny DeeAnn said...

Yeah! A post from Brenda! I love reading your random little posts. I'm telling you, you better write it down! Oh, I guess you have! We have just read it. Thanks for sharing those darling kids and all they say. Wish we would have had blogs when you guys were little! Trust me it pretty much walks out with the 50th b'day!!!

Heidi said...

Funny post. I like the random one's too. That's a funny comment from Carson. It is a wonder what they think about.

basquegirl said...

um...you could blog about 6 quirky things about you...hey, all the cool kids are doing it.

melanie said...

Dang, I wish I was your mom or one of the sister so I could know 'the project'. You know how I am with curiosity, ha!

Not much here either. The days just roll into each other with a little bit of fun in between.

Carson is funny. I swear all 2nd children are. Dane has at least one funny a day and I love it.

The Fear Fam said...

Sounds like you had more to say than you planned. :) Love Carson's random comment, and I love that you didn't respond. I wouldn't have been able to help myself.

Holly said...

Carson ROCKS! Yep we are on earth! What a funny little kid! I LOVE it when I don't have to cook because Brian isn't home! Can't WAIT to see your "project"!

The Sanders said...

I really wish I had something witty to say about your posts, I think that is part of the reason I don't write and it scares me to take over our blog. I put so much preassure on my self to say something that you or others would really like.
I love Carson's comment too, I would have promted more info, after I wiped the tears from my eyes from laughing really hard, but thats just me. It was great catching up with you and having our own little Sunday school and Relief Society in good old Royal City.
Alicia

Miss Heather said...

I know what you're working on! Hee Hee Hee!

basquegirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Monson Crew said...

Okay the suspense is killing me!!!! What's up your sleeve Ms. Brenda??? Loved seeing you in the Stealth last night. Don't forget were in the triple C's. (That's Cool, Car, Club) Oh yeah baby!!!!

Janet + Craig said...

Love it. Isn't that really what this life is all about, being on earth and making it through each day?!?!

Oh yah, and making it back home again.

Now come on, stalkers want to know what's cookin' chickadee!

thomalee said...

Adam and I had a good laugh about Carson's little comment! He is seriously funny :)

Ashley said...

It's fun to hear about your life. Even if you think it's boring. I think it's great! :) And SO FUNNY that Carson! :) I'm still laughing at that statement. I really hope one day you find out what he was thing. :) I love it. I'm sitting here typing to myself, chuckling. Hmmmm...I'm a freak. :) But so funny! I miss you! I need your family!!! (By the way...I kinda love when Bri won't be home for dinner too! I love not having to cook! So I don't judge. :))