Very quickly I'll get the boring medical crap about me out of the way. I went to the doctor yesterday and forced them to tell me what was wrong. As of right now, I have placenta previa (or praevia if you're European). There is a small separation between the placenta and the uterine wall that is housing a little pocket (about 2.5 cm long) of blood. That is what is causing the bleeding.
I'm still down for the next couple of weeks and then they will measure the pocket again to see if it is being absorbed by my body (hopefully) or getting larger (hopefully not). The placenta previa isn't a problem right now. We have high hopes that it will migrate up as my uterus gets all nice and big, however, if it doesn't, than we'll have to have a cesarean. That would be a bummer since I've never had one iota of any complication with any other delivery, but I'll take it with open arms if it means I get a healthy baby out of it!
I marvel at the wonders of modern medicine. Any woman who had this condition 60 years ago (or even more recently) would have died in delivery. C-Sections are a miracle. Now we can plan and bring children into this world with any number of complications. The doctor even told me that we would be in such a better place right now if I were only 25 weeks along. Then, if there were an abruption, I could delivery the baby and it's chances of survival would be excellent. 25 weeks! That is amazing! Truly our Heavenly Father needs these little spirits here and He's given us ways of ensuring that it happens. Of course, we're still praying that the placenta moves and that the separation heals itself and we won't have to worry about it at all. Still, there's comfort in knowing what is going on and that there is a plan to deal with it.
On to more interesting news. Abby has unsuccessfully been moved into a toddler bed. As cute as it is, and as adorable as she looks in it, she doesn't stay there very long. The past three nights we have taken multiple trips upstairs (or Trevor has, I keep my bum on the couch) to return her to bed. Then we think we finally have her down, she's sleeping like the little princess that she is, and the little beast gives us a visit at 1:15am. Every night! When Trevor crawled back into bed last night, after giving up and putting her back in the crib at 2:30am, I said, "Are we done with the big girl bed yet?" He finally agreed.
~Sorry about the crummy pictures, I was in a rush to put her down for a nap~
We'll keep it up in hopes that it will peak her interest and she'll want to sleep there again, but for now, I need my sleep. I'm selfish like that.
~One little monkey jumping on her bed that she won't sleep in~
17 comments:
Dangit Sister! ( I didn't get my mother's potty mouth!) Hang in there...like I said before...this may be your only chance in life to sit and do nothing...and you are doing EXACTLY what you are supposed to be doing with no excuses to be made! Love you! Love you!
BABY!! Congratulations. :) I'm wishing you drama-free days up to 39 weeks.
I'm glad they finally told you. How frustrating!! My neighbor also had this early on and had a short time of bed rest. She ended up going full term, with a few days over...ha.
As far as a baby coming at 25 weeks and being fine, that's far from true. Yes, it would live, but not a true goal. I know you know that...blah.
And I'm JELLUS over your cute crib.
If Abby knew what was good for her (and her parents) she would sleep in that adorably cute toddler bed of hers! Love it.
I second Holly. Pray to enjoy your down time on the days you want to get up cause you never know when you'll get to do it again.
Abby in her bed is hilarious. I forget was she climbing out or did you move her to prep for the baby? I'd say back in the crib for sanity.
Thinking of you! Love ya.
Toddler bed is purely decorative at this point--get some sleep and put monkey where she belongs, in a cage!!
I'd stick to the cot. Sleep is too precious with a toddler in the house. It's not worth the hassle.
"Truly our Heavenly Father needs these little spirits here and He's given us ways of ensuring that it happens."
Never thought of it that way, but it's so true! And you're right, c-sections *are* a miracle. I would have no kids without them! I'm hoping & praying that your medical issues resolve themselves soon!!
I know resting is not easy but that's what you need to do right now :) We will keep praying that all will okay. I love Abby's new bed. We were thinking of getting Jake one for his birthday. But he loves sleep and his cot and we think why stop a good think :)
Hang in there Brennie, this is another time where your patience will be tested. We seem to get alot of opportunity to practice that in this life. As for cute little monkey girl, back to the cage for now-you have enough to deal with!
Keeping my fingers crossed. But like you I'm so amazed by medical advancements. Thank heavens for that!
That bed does look dang cute in there and of course she looks so grown up and too little sleeping in it( all rolled into one).
However I agree with you, get your REST! Especially right now. Sleep is far more important. Glad Trevor was at least home for that!!!!!!
Sorry to hear that you're on bed rest! No fun but hey, you do what you have to do, right!?! Keeping you in my prayers and thoughts with hope that your placenta will move up!!! Hang in there. Cute "big girl" bed too...I totally agree with you just getting your sleep too, take care of yourself!
Love,
Katie
Hey, is this song for your condition. Fix You? All I know is that I LOVE it. COLDPLAY is my favorite. Anyway, good luck with the bed rest. I feel your pain.
Not trying to overthink it here but why not remove the crib? If she feels she has a choice she will take it??? What do I know though.
Dave Montez here.
I'm glad you're doing ok. I love the new bed-Very cute! Wish I was there to help!
PS I tagged you
Post a Comment