Friday, March 27, 2009

Regardlessly Isn't A Word!


~The March "ROAR" Recipient~

For the second time, Preston received the ROAR award (Respect One Another Regardlessly). While we are so proud of him for displaying any semblance of kindness and respect towards his fellow classmates, it so irks me that they are giving out an award that is grammatically deficient.


~Waiting amidst the crowd.~

Luckily, I wasn't alone. My good buddies, Heather and Anne, were there to laugh at the administration right along with me. We just don't understand why they can't change it to, "Respecting One Another Regardless" or just "Respect One Another Regardless". Surely, in all the years they've had this award, some teacher has to have noticed and called attention to the fact that regardlessly is NOT a word.


~And the winner is...~

Now that my little rant is over, I will show you more visuals of my respectful eldest child being acknowledged.

~Receiving his award from Mr. Martinez and Ms. Ezzani. We love them.~Standing proudly on the stands.~

~I'm not sure what his problem was, but Preston is making sure it's all okay.~

~Carson and Luke were having a kicking fight. This might have been the problem from the previous picture.~

~Princess was not happy that she was being contained.~

7 comments:

Heather said...

Way to go Pres! You are such a great kid- and very handsome to go along with it! Wesley just got named student of the month for March- watch for a blog post- coming soon.... Miss you guys!

Becky Noftle said...

Should I search through the archives and find all your made up words??? For example on March 17th you wrote Miles-ish. I looked NOT a word!!! J/K it would be nice if the administration could pass the WASL in grammer. Congrats Preston, ooops, I meant congratulations!

Granny DeeAnn said...

Oh I hear you! First things first: Way to go Preston! Regardlessly you are very respectful. Now Brenda… we have a Mobile Lab in our program and when they had the beautiful, colorful wrap put around it, they spelled acquisition wrong! (Our program paid $174,500 for this great lab.)The name of our program is: Adult English Language Acquisition Services. They spelled it without the “c.” It was so embarrassing. HELLO…. We are educators. Believe me I make plenty spelling and grammatical errors but I try not to put them out in public. I even wanted to correct Kyle’s letters when he was on his mission and send them back to him for revision. Now I’m through ranting too…… :o)

Louise said...

DeAnn, thats unbelievable. hello- was the proof reader asleep?
Preston, your my hero. You must have great parents or you take after your Grandma Louise, right?

Holly said...

Way to Go Preston! We are so proud of you...again!

Katie S said...

Very cool! What a fun award to recieve. I'm pretty sure I am using words that qualify as being "real words"...

I actually kinda like "regardlessly" - sounds important (or something)

Misty said...

At least it's not the ROAI award: Respect One Another Irregardlessly!!! So not a word either!