~Feeling and looking a little Redneckish. I apologize for the pixally pics, I brought the old camera.~
Two weekends ago, guilt got the best of us. We owed the boys a night in amongst the trees and in front of a campfire. Luckily for us, Vance and Cindy were already nestled at Dogwood. We drove up after church and crashed their peaceful campsite. They were great sports about it and and even let us squeeze in their trailer instead of having to set up a tent of our own. It was much less work that way, for Trevor anyway.
~Chillin' by the fire.~
~The Princess and the Prego.~
~The Princess and a guy with an unfortunate hat.~
Consequently, we are hero's for taking the kids and it was the perfect opportunity to get away for a bit. I love camping, and get a little sad when I have to wash the campfire smell out of my sweatshirts. There's something so serene about getting that close to nature. It's not the bathrooms, however.
Consequently, we are hero's for taking the kids and it was the perfect opportunity to get away for a bit. I love camping, and get a little sad when I have to wash the campfire smell out of my sweatshirts. There's something so serene about getting that close to nature. It's not the bathrooms, however.
~It was randomly misty while we were there. I won't lie, it could get creepy at times.~
~Carson in his favorite spot, next to the fire.~
~The boys were great about hanging out with the dogs.~
6 comments:
I love the smell of campfire while I'm camping, but then when I get home- it grosses me out- weird I know! Cute pictures :)
Always smells like smoke ladies, there or at home.
Cute pics Brenda. Nice way to make fun family memories.
It looks like all the kiddies had fun. That is a very unfortunate hat though.
I HATE camping in the worst possible way. I have NEVER gone camping and stayed dry throughout or slept more than 2 hours.
If God wanted us to camp he wouldn't have invented hotels. :-)
Fun, you are super brave in my eyes to go camping while you are pregnant. I have to wait at least a year after the baby comes before I even consider it.
How fun!! It makes me excited to go camping. For a night, anyway.
Post a Comment