Carson has graduated. His commencement was last Friday and he earned his diploma from The Learning Tree Preschool. We heart the Learning Tree Preschool. They made our shrinking violet less...shrinky.
~After walking down the aisle he sat like this for 10 minutes. Evidently the music was too loud. I'm sure the attention and large crowd had nothing to do with it (sense the sarcasm).~
~The magnificent Miss Heather and Miss Tami.~
Carson had many loves at preschool. He loved snack time, he loved play time, and he loved Brinne, aka his "wife".

~Carson was always worried about Brinne whether it be about her safety, health or general happiness.~
He is willing to tell anyone that he is NOT excited about starting Kindergarten in the fall. He is especially adamant that he won't be attending school at all during the annual Red Ribbon Week (drug free week). Some of you may wonder about that. The problem lies with the school mascot. They have one. He comes around on the first day of school and all throughout Red Ribbon week. We all know how Carson loves his mascots.
*Edit: When we picked Preston up after school, the Lion happened to come out of the office as we were walking past (of course). Carson screamed and started hysterically crying. Next year ought to be fun!*
~On to bigger and better(?) things.~
At any rate, we are proud of all he's accomplished at preschool, especially the part where he came out of his shell and interacted with the other kids. He has a bright little academic future ahead I'm sure.

~I'm not sad to say goodbye to homemade lunches for a couple of months.~
Here's our Preston looking mightily depressed that it's the last day of school. I wish I could say it's been an easy year for him, but it hasn't. I haven't blogged much about it, it's a little too personal for me, but this has basically been a year from...ahem...you know where. We are so proud of how resilient he's been through all of it and are grateful for a supportive Principal and Vice Principal who listened to our concerns and gave us a much needed classroom change midway through the year.
~The fabulous Mrs. Heberger.~
We love Mrs. Heberger (his second, second grade teacher) and are sad to say goodbye to her. Preston feels the same way. He insisted on getting her flowers today. I suggested movie tickets, a pedicure gift certificate, See's Chocolate, but he was not to be deterred. Flowers were the only option. I did manage to sway him from the RED ROSES to the more appropriate mixed bouquet. I'm pretty sure we have our first teacher crush. Who could blame him, she's adorable.
This next month brings of plenty to do. Preston has an out of town vacation planned with his cousin, Connor. We have friends coming from Utah to visit. We have swim lessons. We have a little family gathering planned in exactly a month from today, too. Someone is getting baptized!!! Oh, and there's a little matter of preparing for another child. Yep. It's going to be a busy, busy summer.
9 comments:
They look adorabe! Way to go Carson! We are proud of how well you did in school this year, and Preston despite his first nightmare teacher, is such a happy, flexible little guy. He is so great to just roll with the punches. Next year is going to be a great year for him! We will be there in a month! Can't wait!
Such cute boys!!! Preston's smile reminds me of his mommy's :)
I want to know what happened with the first teacher, we have had our run with some crappy teachers this last year also, I ask, WHY TEACH IF YOU HATE CHILDREN??????????????
Liz
Congratulations to the boys! The pictures are adorable.
I too am looking forward to a summer free from the morning madness of the school year. I just wonder how I'm every going to get anything done... I very rarely venture out with all 4 kids unless Jay is with me. I am a wuss.
Yay for not having to pack school lunches! (Though now the kids are eating me out of house and home.)
Good post. Carson's personality is funny. I love that Preston had a crush on his cute teacher. I hope his next year goes better as far as teachers go. What a pain. You sound like you have fun things coming up and lots of activities to look forward too before the baby comes.
Very Cute! Hope to see you when Drew and Ashly are here.
Oh Brenda I love your blog, your kids are so darn cute. Cub Scouts is such a fun family thing to do. I think that Prestons teacher is the daughter of Annette and Ken Marquart who are in our ward. I didn't realize that she taught at Litel. Her mom was the school nurse there. Your going to have an exciting summer
Marlene
Congrats! They are so grown up. :)
Post a Comment