~Preston Scott Miles, baptized July 11, 2009.~
What can you say when your first born gets baptized? Should you get all emotional, write about how proud you are of this awesome decision he has made? Should you get all sappy over your husband who is worthy to baptize and confirm him?
~Trevor and Preston suited up twice.~
Should you reveal that you cried over how fast time is flying and how grateful you are that so many family members came out to support him? Or that you instantly started bawling when your mother started playing the prelude music?
~Our awesome extended family. Seriously, the awesomest family ever.~
Or should you be more light hearted and mention the very easy nacho bar you provided for dinner afterward or how your husband forbade you to decorate the cultural hall?
~Preston's biggest fans.~
Should you mention that your 5 year old was so bored during the intermission movie that he fell asleep on a folding chair? Or your nephew who was actually snoring through it?
~I thought he was kidding at first.~
Or should you just say what a wonderfully perfect day is was and how you're a little relieved that it's all over?
16 comments:
Nacho bar? YUM! And you look beautiful. He got baptized on Anna's birthday, too. Smart choice.
How wonderful. Congratulations to Preston, it sounds like a fantastic day. Natalie will be baptized next year and I'm *already* crying! :)
Beautiful family picture, by the way!
I think you should just say it exactly like it's written, and I love the pictures as usual. Must be the awesome subjects!
Wow what a couple of good looking guys! All of the above sounds all too familiar (except for the napping, well, at least no one snored to give them away . . .). What a great day, congratulations Preston!
the last thing--I think!
I love his little Dapper Dan suit. SO cute! I can't wait to buy Nathan a suit but that means he'll be baptized, sigh. They grow up so fast.
Wesley is almost as tall as your mom!! Holy cow, he's grown!
Yes Wesley is growing so fast he is going to catch us all! Too bad he doesn't use his height to his advantage...rides at Knotts Berry farm, basketball...you know, all the stuff my little short guy LOVES! Ha ha! What a GREAT day we all had!
p.s Preston was beaming all day long, and looked SOO handsome! Love you buddy!
I can't believe he's already baptized. What a fun day with all that family there. Cute pictures of Preston with his dad suited up "twice"- good idea.
Wow he looks so grown up! Way to go Pres. We sure wish we could have been there for your special day. Looks like it was a perfect day. xoxo
WOW!!! Im sooo excited for you guys!!! we wish we were there for u guys.. you look awesome like always!! i cant believe that its next month already! I did call u but u were with ur family so I didnt want to call on ur cell and bug! I got a new cell here is the number... 541-571-4660...love u guys!!!
wish we could have been there! carson is hilarious in these pictures- the succession of Trevor holding him asleep in that family picture, then his dazed look in your little family pic and then asleep on the chairs- josh and I were totally laughing! we love you guys!
Yes it was a great day we all love Preston to death!!!! so glad we could come we have a great time!!
ps. love the all of the post!
I'm being very patient on waiting for the "William has arrived" post. I guess I should let you get home from the hospital first. I loved the pictures of the baptism, and I think you described it exactly right. Love you guys, and can't wait to see that new baby!
Wow, totally gorgeous pictures of the big day. I hear that you have had your baby. So exciting. Hope you are both doing well.
Yay! Awesome day and lots of family around. What could be better. Go Preston. Aidan's big day is on the 1st...yikes can't believe it. Goes by too fast.
Post a Comment