Wednesday, December 23, 2009

It's Been 5 Months, Five Days and 31 Minutes



Here is our perfect, sweet butterball of a baby. I love him. He is delish. He is still growing like a weed. In fact, I took him to the doctor on Monday and he weighed 18 pound 6 ounces and was 25 1/4 inches long. Carson was about that at a year. I wish I was kidding, but Carson really was such a runt. Abby was my biggest one year old and she was only 19 lbs 10 oz. Will is about to surpass that in only half a year. I love it. He's my pudge.

We've had some big milestones in the house this past month. Well, not so much "some" but "A" big milestone. Will sleeps through the night. I'm so happy...and rested. The issues we were having before seemed to be my fault. I just couldn't keep up with his feeding needs. Once formula was introduced it was a whole new ballgame. He's down at 10 and up at 6. Isn't that lovely? I'm still insisting on a couple of "mom meals" a day and he is so far obliging. I don't see it lasting very long, however.

He's still the drooling king. And spit-up king. For those of you in the great states of Washington and Utah, consider yourselves warned. He can project, if you know what I mean.


He's been working out lately. Abs mostly. He's trying to figure out that sitting up thing everyone keeps talking about. He does it for a minute and then, inevitably, that big melon falls forward over that big belly and it's too heavy to lift back upright. Like I said, we're working on it.

He's also gearing up for his first big trip. We're heading off to Washington on Christmas day. He's super excited to go. I can tell.

He is still (and I don't see this changing in the near or distant future) the apple of all our eyes here. No one can resist kissing him or, yelling baby talk in his face or just poking that massive tummy. He's a magnet for the rest of us. We're just drawn to him.

5 comments:

The Fear Fam said...

Oh how I adore chubby babies. He's a doll!

Heidi said...

I love chub!!! Glad he is finally sleeping through the night and you found the fix. Both my kids were spit uppers...I envy those mom's whose kids don't even spit up. Not fair.

Mark said...

He looks like someone photoshopped Trevors face onto a baby. :-)

Glad you guys are safe at home.

Heather said...

Love, love the sweet chubby boy!Miss him terribly!

melanie said...

He really is as squishy and cute in person.He's a doll and I can't believe he's already 5 months!

The novelty of Reed still hasn't worn off around here. He's a king, ha!