Monday, February 1, 2010

Signed And Sealed...It's Official!

~The happiest baby in the world.~

It was a bit of a whirlwind weekend but one we wouldn't have missed for the world (that's a lot of "W" words). On Thursday Jan. 21st, Dean was officially adopted. We braved (or Cory did) the rain and headed down to San Diego. Cory and Gina let me hitch a ride and once Abby, Will, Wes and Brandon all got in...it was a cozy journey.


~Making it official.~

During our 10 minute stint in the courtroom, I'll admit it, there were tears that I had to fight back. Some were from seeing this whole process finally be finalized and some of those tears fell when I dropped my camera and broke my MFUL (Most Frequently Used Lens). That one hurt. I'm still not over it.


~Standard "Judge" shot and the crew that came out to support them (Rick's Brother took the picture so that I could prove I was there).~

On to the best part of the weekend. Friday, we loaded our brood in our shiny new van and headed up to Sacramento. We love going northward and hanging with all the fun folks there. Grandma Lady was a gracious hostest and our kids loved spending some quality time with her.



Saturday brought more tears. So many family members gathered in the temple to see Dean sealed to his mother and father. So sweet and so special and something I'll never forget. The love was palpable in that sealing room.



Thank you Rick and Sunny for allowing us to be a part of your amazing weekend. We love you and are so happy for you!

6 comments:

Devri said...

Sorry bout your lens. and it brought tears to my eyes, and I don't even know them.. beautiful!

The Fear Fam said...

What a wonderful story! Congratulations to the Mullen family!

(I won't even mention that you were only 5 minutes away from my house and didn't stop by.) ;)

Heather said...

Congratulations to such a beautiful family! What a very special time :) Miss you guys!

Rick said...

I have to say Brenda, You truly can work some magic with your camera.. sorry again about the broken lens :(
Thanks so much for being there! We love and miss you guys... Trevor too. You've almost inspired me to start blogging again, but lets face it, it will probably never happen.

Rick said...

Can't you work some of your photographer magic and make it look like I have more hair?!?

Rick said...

I echo what Sunny said; thanks for being there to support us!