Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Last Wednesday

So much to blog and so little ability to keep my eyes open. Must power through.

Last Wednesday was awesome! Until it wasn't anymore. Let me explain. Wednesday happens to be the boy's minimum day at school and since we are running out of time with our Disneyland passes (sob, sob, SOB) I decided to take all four kids and a friend to my favorite place. I'm crazy you say? Only slightly. They were awesome and we spend a great, crowd free, four hours there. Then, as we were loading into the van to go home, I got a call from the realtor of the house asking if the dogs were penned in the back. No they are not. Well he has a prospective cash buyer and wants to show them the house. Now in my mind I'm panicking. The house isn't bad...but it isn't show worthy. There is laundry piled on my bedroom floor, it's clean, but still a pile. The carpet hadn't gotten it's daily vacuum (because it's a horrid color that shows EVERYTHING)and there are wet baby socks on the floor that I had tossed as we were rushing out the door to Dland after William stuck his foot in the dog's water bowl. I warn said realtor about the state of the house and tell him I will be home in 45 minutes to put the dogs in the backyard.

Fast forward to 50 minutes and 3 annoying calls from the realtor later (to see where I was) I pull up to the house (with the realtor and prospective cash buyer in my driveway) and start pushing the automatic garage door opener. Nothing happens. I push it again. Nothing. Again. Nothing. Uh oh. So I have to explain that I have no idea why our power is out, I was sure I paid the bill and proceed to break into my own home with the realtor and prospective cash buyer looking on (the back door was unlocked so it wasn't as dramatic as I was making it sound). I frantically start making beds and picking up laundry and wet baby socks while calling Aunt Cindy to see if they have power at her house two streets over. They do. What the heck?

After the realtor and prospective cash buyer depart, I send the boys out to play. I have them inquire to the neighbors of their power status. No power. Weird, but at least it's not just me. Fast forward one hour to Trevor coming home and pulling up the same time as the Edison power dude. Trevor asks what the deal is. It's a blown transformer. Of course. Where is the transformer located? My front yard. When will the power be on? His best guess is 6:00am.

Fast forward to me ditching Trevor and 4 kids to go to bunco, in the dark, with candles but no matches or lighters (they're packed). I did put in a call to Aunt Cindy to go rescue my people. She did. I'm thankful.

Fast forward to me coming home at 10:30pm to a very dark, very creepy house. No power guys in sight. Hmmm. Maybe they won't come fix it until the morning? Trevor and I watch a movie on the ipod and turn out the lights at 12:00am.

Fast forward to 1:30am when the Edison power dude shows up...with his ARMY! Five huge, HUGE, trucks, a minivan, a pickup, 15 guys and 4 flood lights. All in my driveway. In my driveway that sits below my 14 month old's window. Can you see where this is going?



~The armory and a flood light shot taken from William's window.~

He actually didn't wake up until 4:00am, but was bright eyed and bushy tailed then! After 3/4 of an hour trying to coax him to sleep in our bed, I gave up and sent Trevor to take pictures of the nonsense outside. Might as well get some blog material out of it, right? Trevor said it was the most organized chaos he's ever seen. That's all well and fine, but it's still 4:45 in the morning.

~Organized chaos.~


~More Armory.~

Fast forward to 5:23am and we have power. Power and a gaping hole with no grass and the roots of a tree exposed. Evidently, it was serious. Our ARMY of power dudes roll on out and William falls asleep at 5:45am, 15 minutes before Trevor's alarm goes off. Awesome.

~Pulling out (with me wondering if they are going to take the flood lights with them).~

~A spanking new transformer sitting in front of a gaping hole and the roots of my poor tree exposed.~

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I hope you got a nap!!! That is so annoying they come so early in the morning with huge flood lights. I wouldn't have been a happy camper. But at least you have power now.

Those family pics of you guys are adorable! I love your color scheme too.

Holly said...

Oh my, you weren't exaggerating about the chaos of people RIGHT in front of your house! Wow, those lights are bright! Glad you have power and all is good now. Hope you got caught up on some sleep! Miss you guys!

Becky Noftle said...

Hee hee, isn't it great how blogging makes nights like those a little better!?