Thursday, February 3, 2011

CVC

Only a select few will get the title. Don't worry if you aren't "select". We are in and we are sooo close to being settled. Everything we need is unpacked (so why are there 1000 more boxes to unpack in the garage). We like the new house with two exceptions; one, we have a nest of pigeons somewhere on the roof, above our master bedroom. Their cooing is more obnoxious than endearing and Trevor has little, ok...no love for them. Two, we still have no Internet...fast forward to Brenda rocking herself, in the fetal position, in the corner, of the office. I'm dying. Literal withdrawals are overpowering me and no amount of Diet Coke will stop my shaking hands. And no, the absorbent amount of Diet Coke is, of course, not contributing to said hand tremors.

We are still commuting the kids back to Chino Hills for school. That means two days a week I make the 30 minute one-way trip four times and the other three days I kick it at the old house (where I clean...but now, hallelujah, I'm finished) or crash at a friends house. I'm pretty sure they're sick of us.

Thursdays are my demon days. Out the door by 7:55am and drop the boys off to school, Abby off to pre-school, and Will and I hang out until 11:30 when Abby gets out of school. Thursdays are also Chick-fil-a days and we play/eat/visit/waste two hours, until it's time for me to work in Preston's classroom at 2:15. The lovely Heather watches my littles while I'm helping 3rd graders play computer games. I'm done at 2:45 and invade Heather's house until 3:25 and it's time to watch the bigs run marathon. They finish and it's time to cart Preston off to piano at 4:00. He's done at 4:30 and we have just enough time to change Abby into her dance gear for ballet at 5:00. She's done at 5:45 and we trudge our way home and get in the door at the turn of a quarter past 6! Right now, I'm waiting at my buddy, Kerry's, house for Abby to be done. Taco Bell for dinner tonight.

As soon as At&t Uverse decides to install our Internet, I'll tell you all about my children's near death experience at the hands of their parents. I'll bait you with a hint or two; brand new carpet in the rental home and an abandoned can of wood stain (left by the landlord).

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

I was only asking Mark last night if he had heard from guys. Glad your all settling in.
I can totally relate to your your Thursday because that's how my Tuesday is. :)

Heather said...

Wow- what a crazy schedule you keep. I thought mine was insane. Hang in there.... summer time is coming- right?? I keep telling myself that :)

Holly said...

You are amazing! Glad you are getting all settled in! Like Gladys from Ellen would say : "Keep keepin' on!" Love you!

Louise said...

How come I'm not one of the select few that knows what CVC means?

Heidi said...

Yikes- I hope they didn't wreck that new carpet! Can't wait to hear about it.

That schedule of yours is insane! You are a busy, busy Mom. I'm sure you are excited for a break too.

Jyll said...

Congratulations on the move! Can't wait to hear/read more about where you moved, your house, life in the new area etc. Hurry up and get back online!