Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Zoe's Baptism



I got to take a quickie trip to Washington this past weekend. Will was invited too, but only because he is still under the dreaded age of 2, and therefore, can still fly free. My marvelous sisters (aka R-Unit and C-Baby) picked me up at the airport and we spent the afternoon being super productive. Productive by (deep breath) going to the beauty supply store, going to Old Navy, having lunch with Melly and Reed (love those two), shopping at Crazy 8, and Macy's, hitting up Target, Cash and Carry, Costco, the Party Supply store and my dad's meat guy, Sammy. Sammy is located in a sketchy part of town. We are so brave. Then we went back to the airport to pick up the rest of the "formerly Andersen" girls. The sisterly gang was complete. I was in heaven.

Friday was your basic day in Royal and a trip to Royal isn't complete without a trip to "town". We had a girls day and did lunch, shopped, and didn't count the calories of the Blizzards we got on the way home.

Saturday was the day we were all there for. Zoe Ciel was baptized! I am so proud of her and was so excited (cough) to speak and not bitter about it at all. My goal was to keep it under two minutes and give as little false doctrine as possible. I still don't understand how the twins and Courtney got dibs on leading the music and saying the prayers, but whatever.



Zoe looked beautiful in the dress that Grandma Louise pretended to make for her and there were so many people there to support her.

~It feels weird to write "Bishop Allred" since we graduated together. But to be honest, we all saw it coming.~

~Zoe's buddies.~

~The whole fam damily.~

We had a great luncheon afterward and the food and company were fabulous. We even had enough time in the day to take a sibling walk down to Harvest Foods. FYI Matt and Heather speed walk racing is classic comedy and a real bladder buster...not that I would have first hand knowledge of that.


~I have to note here that Holly was FREEZING COLD the entire trip (except for the time that she was sure that the house was 100 degrees inside). Here she is warming her hands on a cookie sheet that had just come out of the oven. Heather is showing us what we were all thinking...unbeknownst to Holly.~



Sunday dawned too soon (and not just because William was up all night with a 104.5 degree temperature). It was such a perfect little trip and I was sorry to see it end, but after seeing all my buddies, I got over it in a hurry.

7 comments:

Becky Noftle said...

Wow--I miss you all. It was so fun walking to the store, I felt like crying several times it felt so good to be all together---and that last hill is a tear jerker! Thanks so much for coming and I am recommending you to everyone for all their "talk needs". Call her she'll travel many states to fill your blank programs!

Melissa said...

Ok, I had to laugh out loud over Bishop Allred and seeing it coming. Because yes, we all did see it coming! :)

Louise said...

Love, love love the pictures! I was so smart to have a daughter with so many talents! Thank you, we loved having you visit for a couple of days.

Heather said...

Good job Bren. I knew you would post a great tribute to our awesome weekend. Love you and miss you :)

melanie said...

Awesome post. I loved seeing you! It was awesome to hang out. Bummer Will got so sick in the night. Hope I get to see you in May! Love you!

natalieandersen07 said...

Your so amazing!!! Love all the pics makes us feel like we were there. Glad you got to spend a few days in good old Royal City.

Anonymous said...

8 years old and tight as hell i love youngpussy