Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Miles Family (da da da dum, snap, snap)

It's that time of year again. The time where we get ourselves all pertied up and take family pictures. Family pictures that are heavily edited to conceal the fact that I am 60lbs overweight and have more chins than children. But I'm not going to show you those yet. I'm making you wait until my Christmas cards come out. Mean aren't I? Have no fear though. Said pictures will be delivered to my front door on Friday and I'm going to have them mailed by Dec. 1! Because if you mail them earlier, you're way too on the ball and even though I am sort of on the ball this year, I don't really want to rub it in all y'all's faces. Sweet aren't I?

 But I will share with you some very good looking peeps. I married into this family and not solely on their looks alone, although that did tip the scales in their favor. I may have to be blamed for these family pictures. You see, if you don't know this about me (and if you don't, you're obviously living under a rock somewhere) I love pictures. Taking them, editing them, looking at them, finding them among all my grandmother's old things. I LOVE PICTURES!!! I had pictures slathered all over my walls in my youth. My own personal wall paper.  Just ask my mom. So, imagine my neurosis on living with the fact that this family has not had a group picture in 8 years! Insert image of me slowly rocking myself, in a corner of my house somewhere, while reverting back to my 8 year old thumb-sucking self. Yes, I was still sucking my thumb at 8.

I insisted this year. I insisted and they resisted, but if you know me, (and if you don't, leave me the address of your rock) you know that I can be somewhat of a bossy, pushy sort. I mean no harm. As happens in most cases, my insistance won out. Here are the results! A big thanks to my super awesome friend Miss Heather. She came, she shot, she triumphed.


On a side note, does anyone want to teach William how to keep his hands out of his mouth?

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Beautiful photos as usual. Looking forward to seeing the Christmas one. :)

Louise said...

They turned out beautiful, of course it helps that the subjects are good looking!

Unknown said...

Great looking group! Your hair is sooooo long. I love it! We must get together! Next time, I promise!