Okay, my great friend Liz tagged me with two questions. My top ten splurges and things I go cheap on. It's interesting. I read hers and our friend Melissa's lists and there are things I totally agree with on each of them and things I totally disagree on too. I guess what's interesting is how different we all are. We all value different material things and no one has a wrong answer, that's impossible. We all three are good friends and are each unique (not to mention, incredibly cool and very, very, good looking). I love that about my friends, everyone brings something different to table. I miss girls night out with them. We laughed a LOT! We have our similarities too. We all have the same priorities, our spouses, children, faith, and friends and that's what made us close to begin with. Wow, that was way to deep for this little personal quiz. This random Q&A made me think a lot about them today and I guess I just miss my buddies. Moving along...
Splurges (not necessarily in this order)
10. Cereal-Trevor can't do generic.
9. Diapers-we've tried cheap brands with every child, for us nothing works but Huggies. I still have a 3/4 full bag from Target. I swear I've tried!
8. Electronics-Camera, Camcorder, Computer. They've gotta last and nothing replaces bad pictures.
7. Trevor's shoes-He's got a freaky shaped foot, this is something I don't mind paying for. Poor Duck Foot.
6. Dog food-Trevor was suckered by the PetsMart guy. I'd be fine with Ol' Roy from WalMart. Our kids eat worse than our dogs, that's just not right.
5. Trevor's sunglasses-I'm starting to think he's spoiled.
4. Trevor's watches-I'm pretty sure he's spoiled.
3. Jewelry from Trevor to me-At least he spoils me back!
2. Golf Clubs-The clubs make the man? I don't know why.
1. Cars-Not real ones. Small die cast ones from the Disney/Pixar movie "Cars". I'm obsessed with finding all of them. Seriously. I haven't even returned the recalled "Sarge" yet because I can't bear to give him up and he's supposedly full of lead. What?! It's not like I let the kids suck on it or anything.
I would include a list of things that, when we can afford it, I WILL be splurging on, until then I'll keep these material wants to myself.
Cheap stuff (again in random order)
10. Clothes-this would be on my splurge list, for me, but I'd still buy cheap clothes for my kids.
9. Food-If there's a cheaper version of something, I buy it. I barely have a sense of taste so what's the point?
8. Dates-Free babysitter, free movie tickets, but we usually eat pretty well. (My idea of a dream date is to stay at home all day without the kids. Just one whole day. We could do some really good "bonding" that way ;)
7. Laundry Detergent-Kirkland brand-I think it's just as good as Tide.
6. My Sunglasses-Trevor tried to buy me some nice pairs, (trying to spoil me-cute boy) but after I lost the last of 3 pairs he stopped wasting his money on them. (In my defense, I didn't loose the first two pairs, I put one in my purse with a nail file and the other one...oh wait...I lost those too.)
5. Kid shoes-they grow out of them too fast, although Carson won't wear his newest pair of sneakers, he says they hurt. There might be something to that. Evidently, comfort is hit or miss with cheap shoes.
4. Vacations-Always to family, where the lodging is free and most of the food is too. Plus there are cousins for our kids entertainment. We have the most fun there anyhow!
3. Gas-I've never put the "good stuff" in any of my cars. Trevor did once, but it was an accident.
2. Jewelry from me to me-Anything trendy I go super cheap on. Styles come and go to quickly.
1. Fill in the blank-Seriously. I can think of 20 other things I go cheap on so basically if it's not on our splurge list, put it here! (Cars, birthday parties, Hair cuts, dog cuts, preschool, etc. etc.) I'll even pick the cheapest thing to bring to a ward party. How sad am I?
Okay, if you read this and have a blog...TAG! YOU'RE IT! (Chelsea, Chelsey, Ashly, Amy, Jyll, Jami, Shannon, Lisa-you all know who you are!) If you don't have a blog, GET ONE (hint, hint Mother and sisters), and email your responses to me in the meantime. I'm curious to see how different we all are.
5 comments:
We miss you Brenda. I laughed really hard about Trevors foot. I will email you I promise here soon. Life is just crazy.
I love how we all have some the same and some different!! Our girls night outs were always great!
I said this to Melissa...Kirkland diapers are as good if not better than Huggies. I'm with you on the laundry detergent. It's like half the price and the same or better than Tide (Consumer Reports)
I think I'm the cheapest person I know.
Hi Brenda! Cara told Lauren (in Costco yesterday) that you had a blog, and she told me. You had another baby! Congratulations. She's lovely. Do you mind if I stalk your blog? :) Sally
Sally-Stalk me all you want babe! Do you have a blog to stalk in return?
Post a Comment