Drama, Drama, Drama
It started out as a normal day. Then Trevor called to say he had tickets to the Mariner/Angel game. SWEET! His parents would babysit and we had a date baby! Things were a little hectic trying to get ready. It was Thursday which meant Carson had pre-school and I had to work in Preston's classroom. I love Tuesdays and Thursdays and having both boys in school but the 4 different drop-off/pick-ups really cut into my alone time. After dropping off Carson (late, I might add. Chelsea and I had been on the phone discussing wedding apparel for our daughters), I rushed to Preston's class only to be thankfully dismissed. Two other moms had shown up unexpectedly that morning and done all the 'parent' work. I was relieved since now I had time to go to Old Navy to check out their supply of dresses without the boys running through the racks playing hide-and-seek with their unwilling mother. I had a great time shopping with Abby. A little too much. I was almost late picking up Carson. Oops. I was supposed to give myself time to go home and shower for my big date. Anywho, got Carson went home and glued myself to the computer ((I've started BA (bloggers anonymous-that could have been much funnier) meetings)) and neglected, again, to get in the shower. Time to pick up Pres and head home again. Then it dawns on me that my in-laws are coming to my house to babysit and it looks like WWIII has hit my family room/Kitchen/Boys room/bathrooms, well you get it, everything. Abby picks this time to start getting incredibly irritated. She's been a bit sick, but still her perky self for the last couple of days. Now she won't let me put her down. I frantically start trying to clean, but Abby keeps crying and the phone just keeps ringing. Any of you who know me know I LOVE to talk! The house is presentable 'enough' and I finally lay Abby down and jump in the shower, which reminds me that my kids need baths and my mother-in-law would gladly do this for me but my bedroom/master bath is atrocious and I don't have time to clean it too. So I jump out of the shower and put the kids in the tub (it's now 10 minutes before the in-laws eta). My hair is sopping wet and I have no makeup on and Trevor calls to say he's on his way home. I send him to Old Navy to "get all the stuff I had picked out but didn't buy because he had the card, and yes he had to do it right now because the sale ends tonight and just don't argue, just do it and get home because I'm going crazy." I don't know how, but I get all the kids in jammies (Abby wouldn't go down so she got in the tub too) and my hair done before Trevor got home. He relieves me and I finish up, in-laws arrive and we on our date! Everything here goes smoothly until the game gets a little crazy and fights break out on the field! It was crazy! I've never been to a game where the benches clear. The energy in the stadium was nuts, and I was rooting for the 'other' side!
Then Trevor's phone rings and it's his mama saying that Ashley has gone into labor, and they needed to get to the hospital. It was the middle of the 8th, and the Angels were killing us, so we decided to go. Then, I begged his mom to ask Ashley if I could come too. If there's one thing, besides family, that I miss from Utah, it's the sister exchange, during labor. I loved that my sisters and, Ashley too, were there when the boys were born, and I was there when Heather had all her boys. I missed that so much when I had Abby! They said absolutely I could come, and I couldn't have been more giddy. I love babies! We rushed home and I packed a bag full of snacks and cards and magazines, readying myself and everyone else (they could thank me later) for the next few hours ahead! We (now Ron, Janet and I, not Trevor and I) arrive at the hospital, sign in at the front desk and receive our visitor badges. We find Robert in the waiting room chillin' with his Ipod. Ashley is on their observation deck, and no one else is allowed in, until she's formally admitted. I'm not nearly as calm as Rob. I bound down the hall to look at all the other babies in the nursery and try to visualize what my new niece will look like, I'm just so excited! I return, blissful with adrenaline to the waiting room, and with anticipation building beyond belief, 15 minutes later Ashley comes in and announces that she's not in active labor and they are sending her home. The end. Okay, so it wasn't all drama.
2 comments:
I need to join your BA group. It is so easy to just spend FOREVER on the dumb computer! I have had to limit myself so I can get some stuff done!
seriously. I got carsick once from moving the pages up and down on other peoples blogs.
Post a Comment