Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Ahhh...

There's nothing like the feel of a keyboard beneath my fingers, or the glow on my face from the light of the computer screen. Tis, a beautiful thing.

To answer some questions:
The name of the firm is Vavrinek, Trine, Day and Company or VTD (sounds like a dirty disease to me).

Yes they have other branches. They have four others, unfortunately all in the state of California. :(

Trevor has survived the first 3 days of work. Day one was just HR stuff, pretty basic. They hired him so quickly that they weren't ready for my little lad. He didn't get his computer until Tuesday and that night we couldn't figure out how to get it online at home. Problem solved today, however. Now I'm up and running, I mean we're up and running. My bad.

The company is NOT in the same town as us. It is about a 25 minute commute, so not much different from the Discover Card job in Utah. Plus, it's the opposite direction of regular commuter traffic. Can't ask for much more.

Annie darling (the rest of you can scroll down), I did get the Cars! I have your card on my night stand to remind me to email you back. Hasn't worked out to well has it? And to answer your question on Cafe Rio pork. We slightly bake tortillas in those cheap pie tins with a little bit of shredded cheddar. We prefer making the salad because we love the dressing so much (did I give the Tomatilla Dressing recipe?). We use rice, pinto beans, romaine, tortilla strip chips, and the pork obviously. Yummy to my tummy! Guess what's for dinner tomorrow?!

I think that answers all your questions. I'm still glowing from the screen and my heart is full. I must end now, though. So many blogs to read and so little time...

11 comments:

Triple A said...

Glad your back. I have to admit I have absences of my own making. But Shane is out of town so I have more time on my hands. Just keep working on your boys about the theme idea. I got Shane to be Prince Charming and I was Snow White, one year. He vows he will never do it again but it was fun while it lasted. Have fun with your new computer.

Christine said...

Yay! You're back! I was getting worried there for awhile.

Brenda said...

Yes I'm back! You were right to worry Christine. I went through MAJOR blogging withdrawls. I had a couple of close calls but diet coke and Halloween candy pulled me through. Whew.

Janet + Craig said...

So glad you're all back! Love it! You did pretty good with rhyming my dear. I can't take the credit, I got the idea from Amy Fear and then ran with it week 2. We nearly pick the same words every week, maybe just different order, there's only so much that rhymes, ya know? Take care, keep us updated! ttys, Janet

The Monson Crew said...

Can't say that we are sorry that the only branches are in good ol' Southern CALI. There was no malicious scheming when Ryan and I referred our friends to you....no nothing behind that at all!!!! What can I say, I guess we like having you guys around us, just a tintsy wintsy.
He don't kid yourself either, you love it hear!!!!!
We are so happy for you guys with the job. Glad your back in the bloggin world again. You were so missed. What can I say I can't get enough of you sista!!!

Jyll said...

Yeah! You're back. I was beginning to wonder when a couple of days had gone by and no Brenda blogs! I love them! And congratulations to Trevor on his new job.

Ashley said...

Hey there Brenda! I was wondering where you went and why there were no comments on my blog from you! :) So glad you're back. (And you are going to have to get prego faster if you want to go through it together! :) We are thinking just a few more months...!) I miss you guys! When are you coming for a visit? Give your kids and Trevor big hugs from me! So sad you live so far away! COME BACK!!!! :) Love ya!

melanie said...

I always have to admit my addiction when the computer goes away. I'm so happy that there are companies out there that hand out the electronics! Yeah for you and your return to blogging! You've been missed!

Becky Noftle said...

Sigh, Brenda's back all is well in blogland, blogville, what do you call this time where we avoid dirty houses, children, phone calls to make, insurance companies to hassle, preschools to plan for, primary sharing times to plan....?

Brenda said...

Bloggertopia.

Annie said...

Mmmm! Cafe Rio withdrawal! Just got back from SoCal. Was thinking of you guys!