Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Our Princess is 1 Today.


Would it sound cliche if I said, I can't believe Abby is one today? I thought that first year with Carson went fast. It was NOTHING compared to this. It's all been one crazy blur of a year but funnily enough, I can't remember our family without her.

Abby has saved me from a testosterone overloaded house. She's brought pink back into my life and pig tails and tights. I love it! I love having a little girl! She's been the sweetest baby and I feel a little guilty saying this, but, I'm kind of partial to her newborness over the boys. This might be due to the fact that neither boy started sleeping through the night until they were closer to a year and Abby mastered it in 5 weeks. How was I not supposed to enjoy that time more when I wasn't sleep deprived? Don't judge me! She's truly been a perfect baby. Jealous much? Wow. I'm pretty braggy.

I consider Abby an absolute "destined-to-be-with-me" child. You may have read the story before (here), but she was a divine inspiration of Preston's. I know we all feel so blessed to have her. The boys adore her and I'm afraid that she'll never do any wrong in her Daddy's eyes.

Lately, she's been getting into everything, cabinets, drawers, boxes, laundry, dog food, everything. She's also mimicking a lot of what we say, uh-oh (more like gu-go), and she says the words DaDa, Hi, Mama. She gets very irritated when other people have food and she doesn't. She'll yell until she gets some. I think she's just trying to teach others to share. Her laugh is contagious and I love the way she smiles and giggles when you lift her out of her crib. She's so much fun!

She's at one of my favorite ages right now. She's learning so much and taking in everything around her. Everyday she understands a little more and it's so fun to watch her eyes light up when that happens. She also lights up when her Dad or brothers come in the room. She owns us all!

Here is a then and now picture selection of Abigail. Her party is on Sunday so you'll hear more from us then. Happy Birthday Princess! We love our girl!

14 comments:

TheShippenFamily said...

There is nothing like having a little girl. I love it. This year has flown by I remember when you sent the email you had Abby!

Joneel said...

YAY, girls are fun. It's nice to have at least one of each. Otherwise you don't get the WHOLE picture.

Jyll said...

Happy birthday Abby! She's so adorable. It's amazing at how quickly time flies with kids.

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Abagail! She is such a sweetie and you're right girls are soo much fun! Have a great day celebrating with her and give her a big kiss from all of us. See you in 20 days!

Katie said...

Very cute little girl. I think newborns are way more enjoyable when you actually remember that phase! Gotta love kids who recognize the value of sleep.

Shannon said...

Another Andersen girl with curlers in her hair - so cute!

The Fear Fam said...

I had never read the story of Preston praying for a sister before... SO sweet, I'm bawling over here!!! Anyway, happy birthday to Abby. Time really does fly!

~Amy

Shannon said...

Brenda - will you email me your address?

Anonymous said...

No one says "Happy Birthday" better than Dallas Raines.

Triple A said...

Isn't one such a fun age?? It's when they hit 18 months that all heck breaks loose...or atleast with boys. Enjoy your little girl...they grow up so fast.

melanie said...

OK, I swear I never go anywhere and you call twice when I'm not here. I hope Milo described the cake right, I had no idea he was watching me. You must post party pictures!

And for the record, I can't believe Abby is 1!!

CaraDee said...

Happy Birthday to Abby!
I like her super smiley face!

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday to Abby! SO FUN! I can't believe I haven't met her yet! Her and Kylie could be good friends.....soooooo....MOVE BACK HERE!!!!!! :) Miss you guys lots! Love you lots!!!!

Christine said...

I can't believe she's one! She is so cute. I ran into Heather the other day at Costco. She looks great!