Monday, December 10, 2007

Princess Party

Wow. What a weekend. Do you every feel relieved to see Monday? Ahh, I'm being too negative. We actually had a great weekend. It was just a tad full.
On Friday, we had our ward Christmas Party, so fun. Then, Saturday morning there was a "Breakfast with Santa" primary activity/talent show for the kids. We ended up leaving early so we could drive to San Diego to visit Becky and Mike who were there for an Irrigation Association Conference. That, to me, rates up there with the Ceramic Cookie Jar Collectors Conference but, whatever. Still, it gave them 5 days without kids and a day with us. It was the highlight of their trip, I'm sure. We went to dinner for Mike's birthday and walked 5 blocks to the restaurant in the pouring rain. Good times.
We got home around 11pm and I started baking Abby's birthday cake while Trevor started writing a talk he had to give on Sunday. I went to bed around 1:20am and Trev staggered in at 1:30. Church was fine (Trev did a fantastic job), and we raced home to clean, decorate, finish the cake, and change clothes. Ashley came early (thank you!) to take family pictures for our Christmas cards, so we headed out to a park to rush through that. Then there was the party. So much fun! There weren't any games or anything super special, just everyone there filling the house.
Speaking of filling the house, I curse Vance and Cindy for their gift (not really). It's the hugest, fluffiest, stuffed dog I've every seen. The boys have christened him "Max". It's bigger than all 3 of my kids put together. And I'm not just exaggerating for the sake of the story either. She loves it though, so I can't be too annoyed!
The best part was watching her eat her personal little cake. We only gave her half thinking that she wouldn't finish it. 5 minutes later we gave her the rest of it. I was so proud of her. That's my girl, eating and eating and doing her best to not waste any chocolate. She just kept going and going.
Speaking of the cake, thanks for the directions Milo. I'm going to give him and Melanie all the creative credit for this one. Yours was better!
So it was a fun weekend, but I'm glad it's over. I'm trying my hardest not to fall asleep right now. You should all feel special that I'm feeling more obligated to blog than sleep. Sorry if this is a little...blah, blah, blah. I just don't have it in me today. At any rate, enjoy the slide show.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

WOw! I cant believe I am the first commenter. Isnt it amazing how fast the first year flies by? The second is ever faster. Love the messy face cake pictures. Prescious!

Steve said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I love that dog, i want that dog.

Shannon said...

Oh my - that dog!!!!

Holly said...

I love the cake! Sooo cute! The dog is pretty cool too! Can't wait to see you. 15 more days!

The Fear Fam said...

That is the hugest stuffed dog (or any animal, in fact) that I've ever seen. If you ever can't find Abby it's probably because she's lost somewhere in its fur.

~Amy F

Christine said...

I love the cake pictures! It looks like you guys had lots of fun!

thomalee said...

What an adorable cake...love it! OK, I swear I saw that dog at Costco the other day and thought it would be a funny gift...where on earth do you store something like that? I guess you just found yourself another couch!

melanie said...

Oh that dog! Are there bets as to how long it lasts in your house? My kids would be mauling it too!

Your cake turned out so cute! I love that Abby knew there was another half. Smart girl.

The biggest reason Milo remembers the cake is because I was psycho making it. Shocking I know but I kept asking him if it looked ok. He was so ready for me to be done with it.

Janet + Craig said...

Awww.... girl parties are the best! And dang that's a huge dog!!!! Happy Birthday princess, I can't believe it's been a year. Way to go on that cake girl! That was awesome.