Saturday, December 15, 2007

Trevor Baby


This is a Tribute to Trevor Post. Without getting to mushy and sappy, I'll just say he's the greatest thing to happen to me. Because of him, I've learned to judge others less, be more patient, positive and understanding. I love him 400,006x more today than the day I married him. Many of you know how much risk Trevor took in making me his wife. My sister, Becky, told him shortly before we were engaged, "I'm going to be your favorite sister-in-law. And as your favorite sister-in-law I feel obligated to tell you NOT to marry Brenda.". He said, "I thought you said you were going to be my favorite sister-in-law?", she said "I did. That's why I'm warning you." He has patiently helped me mature and I'm a much less dramatic and overly sensitive person than I was when I met him. He's drama enough for both of us. Sorry babe, I know you prefer the term "animated" over dramatic. My mistake. Anyway, we got into an argument on Thursday night. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with me being irrational, but the details are sketchy. The next day I received these at the door. Remember that the fight was entirely my fault. What a guy. I love you Trevor! Moving on. I was tagged (twice) for this little info about my husband survey, so I'd better get 'er done.

1. What is your Husbands full name? Trevor Scott Miles

2. How long have you been together as a couple? 10 years in March. Our 9 yr. anniversary is in February.

3. How long did you date? 6 months before we got engaged and almost 11 months before we were actually married.

4. How old is he? 35

5. Who eats more? I would love to say him for sure, but I'm not sure. I am however, embarrassed, now.
6. Who said I love you first? Me. Trevor coerced me into saying it first. He reciprocated 30 seconds later though.

7. Who is taller? Trev by 5 inches

8. Who sings better? Trevor has the quality and I have the quantity when it comes to singing.

9. Who is smarter? Trev hands down, but I ain't no idiot.

10. Who does the laundry? LOL! That's not even a question. He doesn't even help me fold.

11. Who does the dishes? In the beginning of our marriage it was 90% him and now that has flipped. He still helps out when he can though.

12. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Is someone planning to murder one of us in our sleep? As we lay on the bed, I'm on the right. As you look at the bed, he's on the right.

13. Who pays the bills? Trev pays the credit cards and I pay the rest. That's weird I just realized. We'll call it teamwork.

14. Who mows the lawn? The gardener. But if we had to mow ourselves we both could/would. I kind of miss mowing the lawn.

15. Who cooks dinner? Me. He's the breakfast man.

16. Who's more sensitive? Emotionally, me. Toward other people, him.

17. Who's more stubborn? OOOOO. Close one, but I think I can take that title. He has his certain situations where he won't budge though. Nope, changed my mind. It's him. Dang close though.

18. Who's the first to admit when their wrong? We're both good at that, once we get over our stubbornness. I'd say he admits it faster though, it's just that I'm right more;)

19. Who's parents do you see more? His. Logistics are involved.
20. Who proposed? Trevor, after much pressure on my end.

21. Who drives when you are together? 87% him. I drive when he's tired or wants to read or I'm car sick.

22. Who has more friends? Hmmm. Me? I just keep in touch with old friends better.
23. Who has more siblings? It's a tie. 4 each.

24. Where did you meet? At the plasma center. My friend was dating his roommate and set us up. It took us 6 more months to go on our first date though.

25. Where was your first kiss? On the mouth. J/K On Ashly Bench/McDaniel's couch in the Liberty Square Apts. in Provo, UT.

26. What was the first thing you said to him? Hi. In a mortified voice (Ashly introduced us by saying, "Hey, Trevor this is my friend, Brenda. Isn't she cute? You guys totally need to go out, but it can only be as friends, cause she's waiting for a missionary."). He responded with an equally embarrassed "Hi.".

27. Where was your first date? I took him to the dollar theatre and to Brick Oven for dinner. He had had surgery 2 days before and was loaded with vicodin and thought he was on a date with Ashly. When she paid for the other guy with us and I paid for him he figured it out. Poor doped up Trevor.

28. Where did you get engaged? Brick Oven, where we went on our first date. He had his roommate serenade me.

29. Where did you go on your honeymoon? We stayed in a suite the night we were married. The next night we stayed at my parents on my old twin bed and the third night in a Motel 6 in Boise, Id on our way back to UT. He went to work the next day.

30. If you could change anything about it what would it be? Please. Location. Length. Amenities. You name it. Still, it was memorable in a great way!

31. Who wears the pants in your marriage? Trevor, but I pick which pair he puts on.

(Here's a little taste of his "animated" side)
I tag anyone who actually wants to give out all these dirty little secrets about their honey.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww too sweet!! Loved your Christmas card BTW.

Anonymous said...

Hey Trevor you waiting for something to fall in your mouth? or you thinking of what you and kathy were doing last night?

Trevor said...

Inside joke! Everyone else ignore Roberta!

TheShippenFamily said...

Your pics are so cute. Reading that made me think of Trevor and sticky hands or slobber!

Unknown said...

Hey I was there when you guys started dating. Cute! Thanks for that little stroll down memory lane. You guys have always been a cute couple. 10 years later you are still cute x 5!

Sally said...

I love the pictures! What an interesting honeymoon, too. I miss you guys. This made me laugh and think funny thoughts about you two.

Liz said...

He really thought that he was on a date with you friend?

Janet + Craig said...

I love those flowers. I'd fight more if that was the result over here! Love the family pics. too. You're boys are growing like weeds. Can't we freeze time?

The Monson Crew said...

Ryan and I enjoyed reading your answers. There was a few that I forgot. Thanks for the sweet memories!

Shannon said...

I love the Texas orange you are wearing. Hook 'em horns!

Brenda said...

Liz-yes he thought he was going out with Ashly.
Shannon-Trevor didn't appreciate your Texas comment as he's a Husker fan. Go BIG RED???

Joneel said...

Hi, Cute family pictures. I should put a link on my blog, whadya think?

CaraDee said...

Well that was fun. I might just have to do that. Also, really like the color scheme you've got going on in the pics.

Christine said...

I love the pictures. So cute. I am jealous of your nice warm weather! It is so cold and snowy here. It is supposed to snow all this week. I don't really mind it now, but once Christmas is over, I will be ready for spring!

Christine said...

That is so sad that Abby was that short of weighing 20lbs! Did you face her forward anyways?? It really is ridiculous how much BigE weighs. It is nice though to not be stressing out about trying to get him to eat. (Like I did with Carter)

Janet + Craig said...

Hey Brenda, I need your email address...

Thanks lady!
Janet