Sunday: Church, nap, choir practice, met up with family to see Christmas lights, so fun! One neighborhood goes all out and draws crowds of thousands. It's free and amazing!
Monday: Took the two youngest to the doctor for a checkup, drank a Diet Coke on the way there, meanwhile, gas light comes on, I laughed. Insurance problems threatened to send us home, but we worked it out, I laughed. Carson got 4 shots (after each "Ow! That hurt!", I laughed), Abby got 3 (after each "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!"), two hours later, I laughed, we met Trevor for lunch where I had 2 Diet Cokes. Drove home with the gas light on, I nervously laughed. Made it home barely in time for me to RUSH in to the bathroom (product of the 3 previous Diet Cokes), I laughed. Attempted to drive to Sam's Club to get gas, but ran out in front of Preston's school, fairly convenient since school was set to end in 20 minutes, I laughed. Called dear friend, Heather, who picked us up, drove us home to get gas can, drove us to gas station, drove us back to our car, I laughed. I then successfully gassed up and drove home. Helped with homework and gave up on dinner. Realized I forgot my purse in Heather's van, I really laughed. Trevor got home and we settled into our evening routine (me online, him on XBOX), I was talking to my mom when my foot started itching...

Tuesday: Spent the day trying to ignore my randomly swollen, red, hived out foot and fighting off urge to sleep, a side effect of the Benydryl. No bite, no weird food, no detergent or soap change, just one of those mysteries, I laughed less than yesterday.




Wednesday: Cleaned up kitchen mess from yesterday's less than stellar housekeeping. Started a load of laundry. Trip to WalMart to buy ingredients for Christmas treats. On to Target to buy gift for Preston's teacher. Home again, put Abby down and put a movie on for Carson. Started making Almond Roca and Carson decides to play outside. Carson comes back in requesting to be called "Muddy boy" with good reason, I laughed, mopped, and put him in the tub. Cleaned up Almond Roca mess. Carson wants to make chocolate chip cookies, meanwhile Abby figures out she can open cabinets and empties the one under the sink, I laughed. I just pull out 2nd to last batch and it's time to pick up Pres. Abby throws up in car seat, no one laughs. Throw her in tub, put Preston in charge of watching her (only 3 inches of water) while I hose down the car seat and her clothes, I chuckle. Put Abby down for 2nd nap. Start another load of laundry. Finished last batch of cookies and cleaned up cookie mess. Started dinner and fed family. Cleaned up dinner, laughed that I've now cleaned the kitchen 4 times. Played Monopoly with family, laughed a LOT. Abby throws up on kitchen rug, no one laughs. Hose down rug and start 3rd load of laundry, another chuckle. Put kids down and send Trevor off on his "man date" (him, guys from the ward and his dad), you can all laugh, put Abby down for the night and settled into my bed, with my computer and my Friends re-runs and a half full bottle of Sparkling Cider.
14 comments:
I'm not jealous of your hectic schedule!
Good you are still laughing...somehow I don't think I would be, depending on the time of the month. 6 more days..except now we aren't coming until the 27th. Staying in Boise the 26th. Can't wait!!! Tyson is sooo excited to see the boys!
p.s. Those lights are awesome...although they can keep the electric bill!
LOVE IT! I'm glad to see you're laughing. I am not so good at that. I get stressed out, mad, etc. I need to be better about laughing. There are just some things that you have no control over, and I need to realize that! I hope that you have a better day!
Were you really doing all that laughing? That is amazing. I will cry for you if you want.
I am SOOOO glad someone had a worse day than I did! JK! I laughed at your drama, what good is it if it doesn't make someone else feel better too right?
I swear you guys really have the worst luck. We should see if they want to do a study on your family! Or maybe even just Trevor.
I think we used to go see that exact same neighborhood when I was little. So cool. Gee, and I thought stay at home moms had it easy. LOL! You are awesome. brenda. Merry Christmas!
Brenda... you amaze me. I think I would have just locked myself in my room without the kids! Way to go super mom. Merry Merry
You're a champ! I'm glad you're keeping your sense of humor through the hopefully not so daily chaos of this week! Did you figure out your crazy foot thing?
I was NOT laughing reading that. I think I just broke out in hives from your stress.
Those lights are great! Those people get extra points for Christmas Spirit, I guess?
I admire your ability to laugh. I know I would be crying instead! Way to handle the stress!
It's my opinion that you run out of gas so someone else can get a chance to be a hero. (It seems I run out of gas regularly) It's so nice to know that everyone has weeks like that. Except the rash...that's just wierd! Sending love and more laughter your way!!!
I love the lights at Christmas. We tried to put some up this year. I can't imagine how those people put up all those lights!!! Love to see the pics of your cute fam.
Post a Comment