Monday, January 21, 2008

Abby Cadabby

I need to give you a little update on our Princess. She's done a lot of growing up since Christmas. She's all into cell phones now. It's her new favorite past time. She hands the phone to Daddy and he starts the conversation. Then, he hands it back and she takes over. It's really pretty hilarious. When Trev gets home I'll try to get a video of it, no promises that she'll actually perform though.

She's started taking 5-6 steps in a row too (see video at the end of this post). She loves to stand herself up by the couch and walk to me. She thinks it's hilarious that she can actually do it. When we get her walking between the two of us, (Trev and I) she just cracks up when she reaches the person she was walking to. Easily entertained this girl is.

She also got thrush last week. We don't know how, since it's usually brought on by antibiotics and she hasn't been on any. My bet is on her brothers nasty fingers that somehow always end up in her mouth. Sick.
She also has a new trick. She opens a drawer in my dresser, pulls out the contents, puts herself in the drawer, and proceeds to put all the clothes back in the drawer on top of her. Endless fun that one is.

What else...Oh! She's loud. Really loud. Still sweet as can be, but the girl will scream for your attention (or another bite of food). She's not mad, or frustrated, it's just her volume. Wonderful things are to come, I'm sure.

I can't speak for Trevor, but I love this age. Well, I love all baby ages really, but this one is especially fun. Everyday there's something new to discover and learn. She's trying to talk and has funny voice fluctuations. When there's music on she bends her knees and bounces. She even sings to you, but only if you sing first. No need to humiliate herself alone. She's too aware of that.

So there's your little update. I took a couple pictures today to help illustrated this post (obviously). She's sure a bundle of fun for us and we're grateful she's not asking for a real cell phone...yet.

13 comments:

Liz said...

THey grow up to fast!! And girls are LOUD! I sometimes wish they had a volume control. She is beautiful.

Jyll said...

So cute! I love this stage too. Once they're about 6 months plus it's so cute to see how they evolve, literally daily! Love the blog template too. Great minds think alike:)

melanie said...

She's so cute Bren! I love this age too. It's fun to see them toddle and learn so much. The drawer crack me up! (and I have to admit would drive me crazy)

Joneel said...

Oh man, capture those moments, and try and freeze them in your brain.
I have wanted to replay those kinds of things in my head, and thankfully, you are reminded when you see your grandkids doing them.

Shannon said...

She is so cute, Brenda!

Sally said...

one year olds are the best!

Unknown said...

I love your new background. I can tell your computer must be working now. What a cutie pie, that Abby!

The Monson Crew said...

She is so cute. Poor baby, I hear thrush is painful.
Took Jake to the Dr.'s he has bronchitis. Gotta love it!
Just another day.

I sent out an email to find out about Spring Break.

Becky Noftle said...

Oh great something else for Sammi to cry about---another cousin who will probably have a real cell phone before her! Abigail you are too cute.

Jami said...

I cannot believe how old she is getting!! It seems like you just barely had her. She is a doll.

Ashley said...

I can't believe I haven't met your Abby yet!!! NO FAIR!!! She's so big! When are you coming to UT again? Maybe we need to make a CA trip! :) Love to you and your whole fam!!! BTW....And just how am I in trouble? :)

Anonymous said...

She seems like she is so much fun. Tristan just went through a lot of those stages (he is 19 months), so I remember all the fun that it was. She is a cutie!

Holly said...

Stop growing up without me Abby! I love one year olds! Cherish every minute because before you know it they are eleven"teen" and you are teaching them about maturation and other scary stuff! Abby...you are as cute as ever!