No, I haven't seen Jane Austen's Book Club, but I've been watching Masterpiece (formerly Masterpiece Theatre) on Sundays. For the last 2 months, they've been showing all the adaptions of Jane Austen's books. I love it! I've only read 3 of her books (and none of them were her famous ones) and I've enjoyed them all. But there is something about seeing it on screen. This was one of the reasons I longed to be an actress. I want to live in that time, but not permanently. It's a shame I can't act, really. Anyway, I saw this quiz on my friend Amy's blog and it fit right along with my present T.V. obsession. I do think it's rigged though. I kept all my answers the same and only changed which actress would portray me. I got a different answer each time. The answer I got was always the heroine who was played by the actress I chose. Therefore, I'm Marianne, since Kate Winslet shares my pleasingly plump figure. Do any of you love Jane? I think I need to go read the rest of her books. I just can't seem to get enough of it.

13 comments:
I love Jane!
I love the movies, and I love to read--now why haven't I read the books? Gotta get on that.
It says I'm Emma. Sounds a little fishy to me.
Well, as you know, I love Jane. Obsessively. Books, movies, whatever. It's all good.
And when I took the quiz I was Elinor, but I didn't chose Emma Thompson to play me, so... I don't know what to tell you. :) Jay took the quiz...he was Lizzy Bennett. He actually likes watching Austen with me. Yes, I married the perfect man. :)
I have never read any of her books. But, I did see Becoming Jane and I loved it. It's probably one of my favorite movies. I know, I am very sheltered.
You already know I'm semi-addicted to Pride and Predjudice (whichever version - they are all pretty good). I tried to read her books, but couldn't quite get into it. I seem to have that problem a lot. I liked Emma, too.
Becky - may you love reading Pride and Prejudice as much as The Scarlet Pimpernel! That is my wish for you.
Brenda you are just way too advanced for the rest of us. Music, new backgrounds, a quiz! Maybe I'll need to come to CA for advanced lessons!! Your pictures are adorable!
Oh Man, I was introduced to Jane Austin by my mother. She likes to show us Pride and Prejudice as often as she can. Also, thanks for
finding out that the quiz is rigged
You'd make a good spy maybe. = )
It was nice meeting you yesterday. I'm a huge Austen fan too! If you haven't tried reading Elizabeth Aston's novels already, you may like them. She writes in the same style as Jane Austen and picks up where Austen's books end. I was sad because I thought Masterpiece was running a film for each of Austen's novels. Did they only run 4 films?
I love your new background and set up. Very cute. Plus, I love your new pictures you took!
Great background Bren! I think you will have to give me more details on these books and movies. They seem to be very popular. I am always down for a good book.
Brenda,
Can you please send your OLD AD the website where you get your blog background. dlublin@cox.net
Post a Comment