Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Warning: Content Includes A Dirty Song



My Carson. My sweet, weird, little Carson. He's provided us with a couple of blogging gems. First, he and I had a conversation about marriage. It went a little something like this,

C: Mom, I'm going to marry Abby.

Me: You don't marry sisters, you marry your best friend. Let me be more specific. You're best GIRL friend.

C: Like who.

Me: Like Kadyn (cute girl from primary, see how I'm already trying to manipulate his choice of wife).

C: Or Brinne (cute toddler daughter of his preschool teacher)?

Me: Sure.

C: Will I have to kiss her?

Me: Yes. Married people kiss.

C: I don't want to get married.

Me: Don't worry about it right now, you won't get married until after you go on a mission.

C: Do you have to kiss on a mission?

Me: Absolutely not.

C: I want to go on a mission, but not get married.

Me: Why?

C: Kissing is disgusting.

Me: Good enough.


~My deep thinker~

The second Carson gem needs a bit of a back story. If any of you are blessed enough to ever have Spongebob Squarepants on in your homes, you'll know that there was recently a special called, "Pest of the West". In this particular episode, SB and Patrick sing a song called, "Idiot Friends". Don't ask. It resulted in this brief exchange,

C: Mom, Piggy is my idiot friend.

Me: He is, huh?

C: Yep, he's my best idiot friend.

P: Carson we aren't idiot friends! We're idiot brothers!

~Idiot Brothers~

And last, but not least, many of you know of Carson's talent to make up his own songs. NOTHING is funnier to him than singing, "I am a child of... ABC!" or "Mary had a little... Popsicle!" This story was reiterated to me by my dear friend Heather, who just happens to be Carson's preschool teacher. To get the children gathered on the mat for story time or singing time, Miss Heather sings this song to the tune of "London Bridge is Falling Down", "Everybody take a seat, take a seat, take a seat. Everybody take a seat on the floor." Enter Carson, "Everybody take a dump, take a dump, take a dump. Everybody take a dump, on the floor."

~In all his adorable inappropriateness (running in church clothes on the temple grounds)~

17 comments:

Sally said...

Oh Brenda, I love this boy! There's nothing better than an inappropriate song or comment, in my book! Send him my way to raise. I want him.

Heidi said...

Those stories are hilarious. I love how boys don't want to get married and they are so worried about it when they are young. They quickly change their mind about the kissing thing. :) The "idiot brothers" made me laugh. I love the comments kids make.

Becky Noftle said...

Can we be best idiot sisters?

The Fear Fam said...

Haha! Those are great. I especially love the first one. I had to explain many times to Natalie that she will not be able to marry Dexter. She wasn't very happy with me.

~A

THE GARN FAMILY said...

Cute Blog!
I didn't have the link any more and got it from Devri's blog. So fun to see your cute kids. Thanks for all your comments on my blog.
Hope all is well. I am definetly going to that site you mentioned to "beautify" my blog!
Take care!

Louise said...

I'm relieved to see Carson hasn't changed a bit since I last saw him- go Carson!! Grandma Louise

Misty said...

I think I need to hear "Mary had a little popsicle!"

Janet + Craig said...

CLASSIC! Love it! There was a family we knew from church and the Dad taught the little boy to 'shake off the drips' by singing, "wiggle it, just a little bit." It was funny at home except for when the Mom had to take the little boy into public womens restrooms and he'd sing this song a couple of times, just to make sure all the drops were gone!!!

Jyll said...

That's hilarious! What will they think of next.

Cheryl Anne said...

Kids say the greatest things. :) My son had a discussion with me about getting married... the next thing out of his mouth was that his kids would call me grandma. I think he was 5 at the time.. already planning on making me a grandma, scary :)

Devri said...

that is too good!!! Can't wait for Elaiasi to get to that stage, my girls on the other hand love the kissing and goo la la la...

Shannon said...

Do Carson and Carter get along well? They are funny kids.

What are you couting down?

Holly said...

Carson...Carson. You are awesome! We LOVE you!

Holly said...

Carson...Carson. You are awesome! We LOVE you!

The Monson Crew said...

I am loving this post! I had to read this one to Ryan and we were both roaring. We loved the "idiot friends" There is nothing better than conversation between two young siblings!!!!

Katie said...

Ha ha. I love it! The fun of raising boys. Potty humor can't be beat. I love the pictures.

Heather said...

Carson- you're one of a kind! Definately a litte charmer. Can't wait to see you all!