Wednesday, May 28, 2008

May Birthdays

I truly hope you all aren't sick of birthday's yet. If you are, quit your griping and think of my poor mother, who, at this point, probably IS poor. 4 birthdays in 4 days. You remember, of course, that Preston's birthday was Thursday. I mentioned in passing that it was also the birthday of my twin sisters, Holly and Heather. How I miss those girls! Seriously, dude. They are the bomb. All my sisters are, whether by blood or marriage. But, Holly and Heather have been there through a lot of major things with me. Namely, my college dating years (poor Becky had to deal with the high school years), engagement (poor Becky had to help plan my wedding without us), newlywed days, pregnancy, childbirth, appendicitis...the list is endless. They were always willing and ready to watch the boys for me if I had appointments or the occasional date with Trevor. They (and I'm including all my sisters) are my best friends (not counting Trevor). So, as my best friends, I won't humiliate them with all the sweet high school pictures I have of them. They did that to themselves. Happy Birthday Twinners! We love and Miss you! Here's my favorite picture of them, for more than one reason.

Holly and Heather-May 22nd
~Heather and Holly with Carson minutes after he was born. Thanks for being there!~

As for my little brother, Matt, him I will humiliate. Actually, his picture isn't that bad. I should have prepared more and called my mother for the real bad ones. Or, I could post a picture of an ape or something, but I don't want to make him cry (inside joke). Matt and I were kind of our own little family. The twins are 4 1/2 years older than me, so they had gone off to college by the time we were in Jr. High. I hate to admit that we got away with a little more than they did. That's the glory of being the youngest. I was always so proud to be Matt's sister. I'm not bragging or anything, but, he excelled at everything, football, basketball, baseball. He never let his size limit him. I was looking through some old crap of mine the other day and I still have newspaper clippings of him that I had my mom send me while I lived in Utah. He was such a great uncle to Jax too. I knew Matt would be a fantastic Dad to his sons, I never pictured him with girls though. Watching him with Avery and Addy is freaking awesome. So, Happy Birthday little brother. We love you.

Matthew-May 25th
~Matt circa 1993ish-love the colored rubber bands~Preston and WSP Trooper~

11 comments:

Brooke said...

Happy birthday everyone. That is a darling picture of the twinners. You guys are all so dang beautiful! Tell Matt he is about do for another _ss kickin in Tennis(Wii) Miss you all!xoxo

Louise said...

What an awesome tribute to your siblings, and yes, I'm broke- but wait, payday is just around the corner, hooray!! Love you, Mom

Heidi said...

Cute post. Happy Birthday Holly, Heather and Matt! I love the pictures of Matt- too funny.

Heather said...

Thanks Sis! Wish you were closer! Maybe someday??...

Holly said...

Cute pictures!And such kind words...YOU are da bomb! I love the colored rubber bands too! And I have never seen that picture of Heather, Carson and I. Miss you guys sooooo much. You don't really love that California weather that much do you?

melanie said...

That is a great picture of Holly and Heather. I just love the bunch of you. Such wonderful cousins, the best really! Matt's come along way but haven't we all? Happy Birthday guys!!

Devri said...

Great tribute to your family.

Granny DeeAnn said...

Brenda, you are such consistant blogger and I love reading your blogs! Not to brag or anything but can I just say, "Special Family!" Lov ya, AD

Becky Noftle said...

Funny story, the year I met Michael and we all went home for Christmas break I sent his family a Christmas Card (brown nosing has always been I talent I have)and Matt's hair was the same "style" as this photo--anywhoo Michael's mom thought we had 5 girls in the family!! You have to admit you have seen girls in that hairstyle!

Shannon said...

Now there is the Matt I know!

Courtney said...

Quit making fun of Matt, I have to say he is the BEST looking in the family! Good thing he married a hair stylist right?