Sunday, August 3, 2008

Done and Done

First off, I'm done with Breaking Dawn. I bought it early (and I mean EARLY) Saturday morning and was a mere 50 pages away from finishing today, when Trevor insisted that I get ready for church. GRR. He did give me alone time after church so I could crank that bad boy out. Now, I won't be shirking my wifely duties this week by reading the book. See how selfless I am?



Next, I promised a little swim lesson update. It's over. You have been updated.


~The proud owners of blue and green card stock certificates~

Now, you know I wouldn't let you all off that easy, right? So, yes, the two weeks of swim lessons are over and the boys both did great. Preston, of course, loved every minute of it, was always excited to go and never complained. Carson was...Carson. Everyday was a mega fight to get him to go. I would have to dangle him in the air by his wrist and drop him to his instructor to keep from being kicked or to avoid him running away from me and having to chase him down. Which, by the way, is embarrassing. Once he was in the water, he did alright, not counting the first 3 days when he cried the entire 30 minutes. Then, we would get home and he'd bug me for the toy I bribed him with, which, under our arrangement, he wasn't going to get until ALL the swim lessons were over. The last three days were heavenly, though. Carson finally agreed with me that swimming IS actually fun and Gage (his instructor) was NOT trying to drown him. After all these years, how can that boy not trust me? Don't answer that. Carson ended up passing level one, but I think they did that to ensure they wouldn't have to deal with him next year. But tough luck. I'm still not going to advance him next year. Muahaha.

Preston

~Preston doing a freestyle relay and jumping off the lifeguard chair~

~Jumping of the block and waving to his little sister~

Carson

~On a noodle ride and attached to Gage. Don't let that happy little face fool you.~

~Jumping off the block. And he was always peering over the edge to see if I was still there.~


~Abby was their biggest fan and came to ALL their lessons. I won't mention that she had no alternatives. Oh, and see the Bishop gap in her teeth. Gotta love it!~

So, there's the little run down on us. Pretty dang exciting, eh?

10 comments:

Misty said...

I am reading it right now and Luh-uh-uve it!

Louise said...

Hooray for Preston and Carson. And good for you Brenda for insisting Carson finish it out. He will realize some day that his Mom is as stubborn as he is, and I say that with love!!

Stephanie Heumann said...

Just finished BD last night and I LOVED IT!!! More than I ever hoped for!

Holly said...

I only can dream of time to read....or I guess making time to read is more like it! Looks like the kids did great...so glad Carson braved up and got er' done! Way to go boys!!

Unknown said...

I am on page 487. Dang how do you find the time girl? Oh ya, you dont sleep! I was very afraid that you would have a spoiler on here so I almost did not read this post. Thank you for not spoiling!! :)

Devri said...

Ok read it and read it for me too, I love your photos, Keilani has the same gap in her teeth, and she and her are still so beautiful.

Katie S said...

Swim lessons are great! Especially when the kids get past the anxiety of it all. As always, cute pictures!

I just finished BD, but I won't get into my opinion on it.

Sorry I missed you on your UT trip. If I am remembering right, we were doing family pictures when you guys got together. Next time, though, I'm there. Count me in.

Becky Noftle said...

Don't say anything about BD yet, Michael surprised me by ordering it a few weeks ago and it's at the post office waiting for me now---Can't wait.

The Fear Fam said...

So... is Breaking Dawn worth it? I was so irritated w/ Bella by the end of the other 3 that I don't know if I can handle BD. But if you tell me it's worth it, I'll give it a shot.

Misty said...

Brenda, thanks for your comment. I totally love people giving their opinions on the book and there were things that happened in the book that I was disappointed they ended up the way they did, but I wasn't disappointed with the book. I just get pissed when people question Meyer's credibility as a writer and say that all the books are garbage. Your post was definitely not one that I was focusing on. :)