Monday, August 11, 2008

The Style and Happenings of the Princess

Abby loves clothes. She also has an exceptionally strong attachment to shoes. Shoes must be worn at all times, lest she be unacceptably under-accessorized. Abby loves putting on clothes, usually several pieces at a time. She'll bring more and more items for me to help her into. I hope she isn't foreshadowing anything.

~Nothing says "style" like legwarmers, a fur-lined denim jacket, hot pants and an Angel hat. Don't forget the snugglie, blanket, and orange binkie accessories.~

We also tried out sponge curlers for the first time. Well, not the first time. I tried a year or so ago, but they fell out 10 minutes later. I heart sponge curlers. I have fond memories of the big pink ones my mom put in our hair Saturday nights for church the next morning. Wish I had a picture of that now. Here we are keeping the tradition alive.

~She's not crying from the curlers, I had the audacity to try to lay her down for the night. What was I thinking?~

~Before and after church-doesn't take long for this 1 year old to loosen the curls~

~We're on a roll with the group photos~One of my handsome boys, for good measure~

17 comments:

Miss Heather said...

Soooo Cute!! I'm lovin' the curls and am in love with Carson's dreamy blue eyes!!

Janet + Craig said...

What adorable children.

Are you sure it's just your daughters obsession with clothes? I mean, someone had to buy ALL those clothes for her right? Loved it!

CaraDee said...

I hope it's a girl just for the pink curlers now.

Louise said...

Are they the most adorable photogenic kids or what? Not to brag to anything, but I have the most beautiful grandchildren!!

Devri said...

Your kids look great, my fav is the one with the all the kids, and the boys, and the one that abbys hair has loosend up a bit, I love soft curls, and just for the record, thick long hair, it only takes about a half hour to loose most of its curl.. So it never stays in any better!! ok so that was more than one.

Heather said...

There is another Heather posting. How do you know which one is the real Heather? Just kidding! Abby looks adorable, and I LOVE the outfit! Miss you guys!

Steve said...

Oh she is so sweet!
Once again Liz not Steve.

Katie said...

Love the pictures!!! Your kiddos are so darn cute. I hope Maddie is a girly-girl too...would love that, especially after my two rough boys! And the pink sponge curlers...I so remember waking up with a headache with those in my THICK hair! What fun memories!
Love,
Katie

Katie S said...

Very cute! I'm jealous you have a reason to have sponge curlers. I don't think my boys would go for that look!

melanie said...

Those curls! I'm pretty sure that is the cutest picture of Abby I've ever seen! You know I love the photo and the curls because in some sick way I love sponge curlers too. I just wish they were still pink.

Joneel said...

I think that picture of Abbey (sp?)
needs to be blown up and framed. So darn cute. I really like the one of all 3 too. Great job capturing their cuteness.

Jyll said...

Love Abby's outfit...she truly knows how to accessorize. You better start saving up money now...I see her spending a lot time at the mall in 10 years.

Holly said...

Waaaay too cute! What a handsome///darling little family! Miss you guys!

Misty said...

Okay, so the picture of Abby walking with her head down and the duds/accessories she is dorning, totally reminds me of the papparazzi catching some famous star in an airport or in the mall. PRICELESS! And the picture of the three of them, soooo cute!

Ashly said...

I love those pictures! You've got skills!

Becky Noftle said...

Cute, cute, cute. Your kids are so gorgeous in these pictures. I put Sierra and Zoe's hair in curlers Tuesday night and we had still had "picture" hair for the wedding on Thursday, heaven bless the inventor of sponge rollers.

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness...I'm SO SAD right now!!!! They are SO BIG!!!! Beautiful children, but growing SO FAST!!! Make it stop!!!! Ahhhhh...they are so cute! :)