What? Is that title too long? I have a good reason. I should be doing these two posts separately. The problem is, I REALLY want to post the rad pictures of Dan and Amy, but I think I've left you all hanging long enough on my secret project (maybe you've all forgotten about the secret project and I'm just humoring myself, whatever).
First off, the secret project. Here's how it started, with a fight. In order to protect the innocent, I won't go into the particulars. Let's just say, the next morning I took my frustrations out on my kitchen walls. I hope I don't completely offend my sweet mother-in-law when I say, the wallpaper in the kitchen was hideous. It had it's place in time, for sure. But that time was 10 years ago...ish. The first rip felt so good. Then panic struck. What in the H, E, Double did I just get myself into? This wallpaper was everywhere, the ceiling included, and I had started something that couldn't be undone. So, I did a little section that day. I devised a plan to not tell Trevor and see how long it would take for him to notice. I would pull a section down each day until it was done. That first day, he noticed nothing.
The next Wednesday, nothing.

~The section on the right was removed on Tuesday, the section on the left departed on Wednesday~
Thursday, nothing.

~The Bay window is complete~
Friday, nothing (of course, I didn't work on it Friday).
Saturday, still nothing, but in his defense, he wasn't home at all on this day.

~Saturday I finished the walls, only the ceiling paper remained.~
Finally, on Conference Sunday, something caught his eye while he was at the stove making breakfast. The conversation went something like this.
Trevor: Somethings different (gesturing his hands around the stove/counter areas). It looks...cleaner? You moved some stuff (not a question).
Me: Nope.
Trevor: You really scoured it. It looks really clean.
Me: (giggling) Yup.
Trevor: What? What did you do? (still looking around trying to figure it out).
Me: You tell me (with a condescending evil chuckle).
Trevor: What? You have to tell me.
Preston: There's no wallpaper Dad!

~Trevor ended up helping me finish off the ceiling, thanks honey!~
Maybe you had to be there, but it was really humorous. He was on pins and needles for a week until I had it all off and had finished painting. He was worried about his mom's reaction on seeing the unfinished project. We had them over for dinner after it was all said and done. She loved it. Not to brag, but why wouldn't she? I did a really good job (I really hope people remember how sarcastic I can be. If not, I must come off as a real brat). I do love the kitchen now, and I have permission to extend my work into the family room. Stay tuned.

~My co-conspirator painting. We worked while Preston was at school. It kept our secret safe a little longer. Preston found out on Saturday. I don't have the most perceptive guys in my house.~

~After~
Now for Dan and Amy. Amy is Trevor's super sweet, and drop-dead gorgeous cousin. Dan is the lucky guy that gets to marry her! They asked me to take their engagement pictures this last weekend and I was honored to do it. We had a blast walking around all these cool little vintage shops and finding all sorts of rad, color-filled walls to take their pictures. I've spent the last few days obsessing over the pictures. These are a few, and I mean few, of my favorites. I swear Amy doesn't take a bad picture, and Dan's not so bad looking himself:)


~I so loved these green walls and the tile entry in this doorway was original, love it!~

~We found this wood door on our way out and had to pull over~

~He's vintage, she's clothing? Cool sign anyway.~


~The find of the day was this metal door. So cool! I loved the industrial feel of these alleyways~

~Can't beat the color, I swear I barely photoshopped this;)~

~It's hard to pick, but this one might be my favorite. Her smile is so genuine, he truly makes her happy~
First off, the secret project. Here's how it started, with a fight. In order to protect the innocent, I won't go into the particulars. Let's just say, the next morning I took my frustrations out on my kitchen walls. I hope I don't completely offend my sweet mother-in-law when I say, the wallpaper in the kitchen was hideous. It had it's place in time, for sure. But that time was 10 years ago...ish. The first rip felt so good. Then panic struck. What in the H, E, Double did I just get myself into? This wallpaper was everywhere, the ceiling included, and I had started something that couldn't be undone. So, I did a little section that day. I devised a plan to not tell Trevor and see how long it would take for him to notice. I would pull a section down each day until it was done. That first day, he noticed nothing.
The next Wednesday, nothing.
~The section on the right was removed on Tuesday, the section on the left departed on Wednesday~
Thursday, nothing.
~The Bay window is complete~
Friday, nothing (of course, I didn't work on it Friday).
Saturday, still nothing, but in his defense, he wasn't home at all on this day.
~Saturday I finished the walls, only the ceiling paper remained.~
Finally, on Conference Sunday, something caught his eye while he was at the stove making breakfast. The conversation went something like this.
Trevor: Somethings different (gesturing his hands around the stove/counter areas). It looks...cleaner? You moved some stuff (not a question).
Me: Nope.
Trevor: You really scoured it. It looks really clean.
Me: (giggling) Yup.
Trevor: What? What did you do? (still looking around trying to figure it out).
Me: You tell me (with a condescending evil chuckle).
Trevor: What? You have to tell me.
Preston: There's no wallpaper Dad!
~Trevor ended up helping me finish off the ceiling, thanks honey!~
Maybe you had to be there, but it was really humorous. He was on pins and needles for a week until I had it all off and had finished painting. He was worried about his mom's reaction on seeing the unfinished project. We had them over for dinner after it was all said and done. She loved it. Not to brag, but why wouldn't she? I did a really good job (I really hope people remember how sarcastic I can be. If not, I must come off as a real brat). I do love the kitchen now, and I have permission to extend my work into the family room. Stay tuned.
~My co-conspirator painting. We worked while Preston was at school. It kept our secret safe a little longer. Preston found out on Saturday. I don't have the most perceptive guys in my house.~
~After~
Now for Dan and Amy. Amy is Trevor's super sweet, and drop-dead gorgeous cousin. Dan is the lucky guy that gets to marry her! They asked me to take their engagement pictures this last weekend and I was honored to do it. We had a blast walking around all these cool little vintage shops and finding all sorts of rad, color-filled walls to take their pictures. I've spent the last few days obsessing over the pictures. These are a few, and I mean few, of my favorites. I swear Amy doesn't take a bad picture, and Dan's not so bad looking himself:)

~I so loved these green walls and the tile entry in this doorway was original, love it!~

~We found this wood door on our way out and had to pull over~

~He's vintage, she's clothing? Cool sign anyway.~
~The find of the day was this metal door. So cool! I loved the industrial feel of these alleyways~

~Can't beat the color, I swear I barely photoshopped this;)~
~It's hard to pick, but this one might be my favorite. Her smile is so genuine, he truly makes her happy~
19 comments:
They are beautiful B!!! I think the reason you got great shots was because of YOU! You are so RAD!!! Love ya bunches :o)
Very impressive work my lady! Great job on not tearing off the texture of the walls...done that before amd you have a real problem on your hands. Love the industrial pic background. You are so good.
Love,
Katie
Wallpaper on the ceiling? I've never heard of such a thing, I can imagine it being claustrophobic.
OMG (gosh)!! Amy and Dan's pics look great!! They are a pretty couple! Great job! You know, I didn't even notice the wallpaper on the ceiling! Can't wait to see the finished product in person.
Great job Brenda! You made us look hot Hot HOT!
I can't imagine pulling off all that wallpaper. What a chore! Your pictures are so good! I think my favorites are the one in front of the wooden door and the last one.
Props to you on the beautiful engagement pictures. Sign me up for Christmas photo's please! The kitchen looks pretty great too. I am anxious to see it in person. So I guess we will just have to have a family get together at your house.hehe=)
P.S. I love the candid munchkins in the background...they are so cute!!!
Amazing job on the kitchen. Wallpaper is not fun to take off and I love the story that Trevor didn't notice for a week!!! Good job on the pictures. Very creative.
Great pictures...not hard with beautiful people though. Thanks for bailing us out of Santa Anna! It was soo good to see you all!
You are awesome!
Great job on your kitchen. I curse the person that invented wallpaper because it is so blasted hard to take down. Great job on the photos... My favs are the two in the doorways. Gorgeous!
The Randalls will be in town for Thanksgiving...you have to take our pictures!!!
Love the kitchen BTW.
Love the wallpaper story, I fear Mom and I may have given you the tiny bit of encouragement that awoke the wallpaper beast inside you! Your possible favorite is my for sure favorite. Do they care which is my favorite?
The kitchen looks great, job well done! I remember a Thanksgiving when one of my dear daughters (I think it was the youngest one, but I'm not naming names) started to rip off my kitchen wallpaper, then waved goodby and headed back to Utah. The stupid part was that after spending days finishing it, I put on new wallpaper-what WAS I thinking!!
The kitchen looks awesome! And I love that Trevor took forever to notice... talk about Guys Eyes! :)
The pics turned out great! The last one is my favorite as well.
~A
So funny that Trevor thought you cleaned! Such a classic story as this could have definitely taken place at this house.
The photos look great. Looks like you all had a great time.
I hate wallpaper with a passion and wish it were never invented. Kudos to you for completing that project. The kitchen looks great.
And awesome pictures. They turned out great!
Oh my goodness, I love these pics!!! You did an awesome job!! Can you pretty please take our families Christmas pics???
Post a Comment