~The new sign, which looks a lot like the last two~
I was robbed again last night. You remember last time right? Well, as promised, I got another sign. This time I took very tender care of my sign. She was always standing straight in the lawn and promptly brought in each night when the sun went down. Last night, I thought, "eh, tomorrow's the election, who's going to steal a sign on the last night?". Some free-speech-stealing jerk is. He/She wiped the neighborhood clean. Not one sign left. I try not to be too political on my blog. It's supposed to be about my family and their happenings. Well, this involves the future stability of families and it's happening to me. Even though we have only 11 hours left until the polls close, I'm still going to keep shouting out my cause. My friend Heather has 3 signs in her yard. I borrowed one. Take that, you two faced son of a jackal (that's from Aladdin, I could have been more colorful)! Anyone who knows me know you can't shut me up! P.S. I voted, so should you.
Tomorrow; Santee Alley. Trust me, it's a good 'un.
8 comments:
Every one should vote. Unless you're stupid...then you shouldn't vote.
I voted! Not like it matters in Utah...but I did it anyway! I REALLY hope California gets this one right! Good Luck!
I just checked the polls and it looks like things are going good for Prop 8. Stupid sign stealers. Yeah for friends with 3 signs.
What, people can't shut you up?
You go girl!
Today I was woken up from a blissful nap by the sound of teenagers chanting down the street "No on Prop 8!" We're the only one in the neighborhood with a Yes sign, so I peeked out the window to see what was up. They were just teenage girls (probably 8th grade, actually), chanting and making a ruckus. But then I heard one of them say excitedly, "Want to go break up that sign?" pointing to my lawn. Luckily for them the other girls said no and then the chanting died down. Yeah, just try and take my sign... you don't want to anger a pregnant lady who has a cop for a husband!!! :)
Anyway, sorry for the long story. I'm glad you got another sign to put up. Besides, it doesn't look like the sign stealing did the No on 8 folks any good... looks like it passed! (At least as of 10 p.m. tonight.)
I have been watching your results all night as it comes in. I hope it passes!!
The whole Steve Young thing made me kind of mad. And to think I used to have a crush on him.
Dang those sign stealers... loved the Aladdin quote. At least it didn't do any good. Faith and prayers baby, and LOTS of donations!
I bet it was Steve Young. :)
Way to go on passing this!
Post a Comment