~Tyson C. Wade Baptized January 3rd, 2009~
I was in Utah...for a week. I also know that there are fourteen thousand of you that I would have LOVED, LOVED to see, but didn't. I have an excuse, though. The weekend was filled will family obligations (I call them obligations to make me sound like more of a victim, but really, I was there voluntarily). My nephew, Tyson, was baptized and my parents came up as well. I had to get as much "mommy" time as was possible. Monday I had a sister's lunch and then Trevor was going to meet the bro-in-laws for a movie afterward. That's when the trouble started, or better yet, when the car wouldn't start. We were vehicularly imprisoned until Thursday morning. We had planned a trip into Provo to visit all our old "pads", show the kids around UVU, and generally give them an insight into our lives before they were born. Thursday was the first and only day we could do that. We left Friday morning. There is my excuse. I had planned to see so many of my old friends and we felt like we had all the time in the world to stick to that plan. Alas, the little gold van had other plans. She evidently doesn't enjoy the cold. Especially when her owners put in antifreeze that only works up (or down?) to 20 degrees and the weather was consistently below zero at night. I would apologize to the little gold van, instead I gave her a $280 makeover.
Despite the transportation issues, we had the greatest vacation. I absolutely love hanging out with my sisters. I know I say this a lot, but I miss them like crazy. Trevor got to have a couple of man dates with my brothers-in-law and the kids were in their own little piece of heaven with all the cousins. I got to watch Dexter play around in his first Itty Bitty Basketball class. He did so well...for the first 30 minutes. We also caught another indoor soccer game of Braxton's. He scored all 8 goals for his team. I would tell you what a stud he is but the numbers speak for themselves. The final score was 8-5. I'll try not to overload this post with too many pictures...but no promises.
~Sister's lunch~People who love Tyson...though not all of them~
~Dad power napping before the big drive home~Abby and her best buddy~
~Awesome 7/8 year old teeth~Messy face and a Kool-Aide mustache~
~Abby tasting her first snow~My boys in heaven~
~The sledding hill~Trev wrestling with Carson...doesn't look like much fun to me~
~I thought you'd be able to see it better, but Tyson is losing his drawers~
*I've been working on this post for a week now. It's still not the way I want it, however, I've lost all modes of creativity. I had 50ish more pictures to post too, but my patience has run out. Plus, there's been drama in the house...I'll explain later.*
6 comments:
Ahhh, love the pictures and the post. Sorry about the car, but hey, at least it got you home safe and sound. Hang in there, I'll pray for a little less drama in your house!!
Too bad about the car- annoying!!! Especially when you had important plans to get do. Glad you could see your family and that you had such a great time.
ohhhhh drama!
You guys have the wost luck with cars! You should write a book about all your bad luck and call it, "I am thankful we made it this far."
Oh sorry that was really bad, but i have a migraine:)
Liz
We were soooo glad you could come, and we had a FAB time! We are all praying for a LOT less drama at your house! Love you TONS!
Ok I just got sad. But I know that if I went to Cali, it would be hard for me to see all my Cali friends too..
Glad you had a great time.
Sorry to hear about house drama..
I have NO clue what that is.. ;0)
Must be a girl to cause all that drama!
Post a Comment