Sunday, February 8, 2009

Back To Reality

I love business trips. Okay, not usually, but when I get to go (might I add sans children) it's really quite lovely. Trevor had to audit a bank in San Rafael and since it's semi-close to our anniversary, he invited me along. Then this bed rest nonsense came into play and I figured it wasn't going to happen. I'm going to admit to a mild panic attack. After all, he'd been gone for 3 weeks in a row and the thought of one more week without his help just shoved me right on over the edge. Whilst I was in this state of mild despair, he calmly reminded me that we already had the kids covered that week and it would be the perfect way to spend 6 days on bed rest. I married him for his mind.

I have returned rested people. I did nothing all week. I slept late, ate a big breakfast in the hotel each morning, laid around the hotel all day doing sudoko in the paper, and was taken to dinner each night. I didn't even pick up my camera. Not once. I was lazy, lazy, lazy. I loved it. I did get to visit with an old friend and had some delicious Thai food. A highlight for sure. The golden moments were those spent with my BFF. Really, I just like him a whole lot. After ten years, we can still have hour long conversations.

That's not to say I didn't miss my babies. It's the absolute longest I've ever been away from them. Not surprisingly, though I completely stopped spotting while I was there. Go figure. I guess there's no real way to "stay down" when you're a mom. I swear I had been trying. It's just that the kids weren't.

I can't thank Vance and Cindy (who had the boys), Chelsea and Ashley (who split custody of Abby) enough. I knew they were in great, if not a tad spoiling, hands. Carson even wanted to stay another night. I'm sure he missed me deep, deep, deep down.

7 comments:

Holly said...

I am sooo glad you got all rested. Now hang in there until your appt when they tell you that you can get up and run a marathon!!

Louise said...

Nothing like a week off from "reality" to heal whatever ails you, right? Like I said last night, stay low until Wednesday and we'll all keep our fingers and toes crosssed for you!

Heather said...

Glad you had a good time! I need a lazy, lazy week! I want to be in some exotic place with white sand beaches! Oh- now I'm getting cold looking out at the snow. . .

Ashly said...

OH, how lovely! That is my idea of a vacation. No going or doing, just eating and sleeping. I am so glad you got some much needed rest. Hope all continues to go well!

Katie S said...

I have to admit I am jealous. Not really of the bed rest, but of your vacation. Sounds like a really nice time that you had coming to you. I hope the placenta previa (sorry - I'm not European) gets taken care of asap so you can get back to life as much as possible!

Katie S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TheShippenFamily said...

You deserved a week of rest!! Glad you had a great time!