A mommy moment if you please...
...Preston's at scouts right now. His very first one. They are working on their Faith In God Award tonight. In two weeks, he'll learn how to set up a tent. I'm going to love this scouting thing, as long as they don't call me to be his den mother.
When he walked in the door from school today, he had two questions for me. When does scouts start and did you get the patches on my shirt? I think it was a long 3 1/2 hour wait for him. He started getting ready at 5:30pm and scouts started at 7:00pm. I'm sure the newness will wear off in a month or so. Still, it was pretty adorable to watch. And I did get those patches on. Badge Magic rules.

Carson's had a hard time with this. He tells me (and Trevor, and Miss Heather, and any one who'll listen) that he's jealous of his brother because he gets to go to scouts. Those are his words not mine. Tonight, he put on a blue polo and Daddy's old Webelos neckerchief. I think he's going to attempt to sneak in.

Abby couldn't care less. She's been a feverish little girl the past 24 hours and isn't afraid to let us all know she feels downright crummy. She still paused to pose for a picture though.

Okay, my mommy moment is over...for now.
...Preston's at scouts right now. His very first one. They are working on their Faith In God Award tonight. In two weeks, he'll learn how to set up a tent. I'm going to love this scouting thing, as long as they don't call me to be his den mother.
When he walked in the door from school today, he had two questions for me. When does scouts start and did you get the patches on my shirt? I think it was a long 3 1/2 hour wait for him. He started getting ready at 5:30pm and scouts started at 7:00pm. I'm sure the newness will wear off in a month or so. Still, it was pretty adorable to watch. And I did get those patches on. Badge Magic rules.
Carson's had a hard time with this. He tells me (and Trevor, and Miss Heather, and any one who'll listen) that he's jealous of his brother because he gets to go to scouts. Those are his words not mine. Tonight, he put on a blue polo and Daddy's old Webelos neckerchief. I think he's going to attempt to sneak in.
Abby couldn't care less. She's been a feverish little girl the past 24 hours and isn't afraid to let us all know she feels downright crummy. She still paused to pose for a picture though.
Okay, my mommy moment is over...for now.
12 comments:
Preston, please stop getting older
Carson, I still love those eyes
Abby, you're even cute when your sick
Scouts, Scouts, the marvelous troop, they take you camping and bury your poop.
Where did you get the badge magic??? At the scout shop? I used a liquid stitch on Holdens and it doesnt seem to work well.
What a CUTE little wolf! Badge magic does rule. Any ideas how to get the badges off now? I have to change Tyson's troop #.Poor Abbie..I hope she is feeling better soon! Brian has been home with fevers since Saturday. NO FUN!
I promise the newness does wear off. Wesley would NOT wear his shirt to scouts yesterday. He said- they were riding bikes, and he didn't want to ruin his shirt... nice try bud! Preston looks absolutely adorable!
That is so fun! Nathan graduates to whatever is after Wolf the end of this month, so the race to finish all the requirements is on! Oh, and he STILL doesn't have any patches on his shirt! Oh well, I guess I'll have to try this badge magic stuff and get with the program! Your kids are looking great. We miss those guys.
Oh... that is too cute- Preston all dressed up in his scout uniform. I love how Carson is trying to copy him- pretty creative. Kate has that same dress as Abby- it's cute.
PS- how do you know Mandy Kirk? She is my sister, Jeni's, very good friend and old roommate!!! Small world. I recognized her son's name, Holden and knew it wasn't a common name.
Love all the pics. of you kiddos! They are growing up soo fast. Preston looks so different! And absolutely handsome in his cub scout uniform. Can't wait for Aidan's turn. And love, love, love the pics. of Abbi in her tutu..too cute!
too cute you have they cutest kiddos cant wait to meet the next bundle of love from the MIles bunch
you better be coming to bunko we miss u!!!!!!
love ya
Shelleyann
This makes me so sad to think of how young he was when you guys lived by us and now he's all grown up. What am I going to do when Tristan is in boy scouts?....probably cry!
I love badge magic! Tell Holly to use some goo be gone stuff to get the badge magic off. It takes a few washes but it works.
Post a Comment