Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Footloose And Fancy Free

To save my precious free time and reserve my precious energy, I'm bundling several posts in one big dramatic one. Okay, it's not that dramatic, but it sounded more intriguing written that way. First Will.

Will got a visitor a little over a week ago. Auntie Sunny, Uncle Rick (on Trevor's side. I have my own set of Aunt Sunny and Uncle Rick. Weird right?) and baby Dean came to meet our baby boy. The two new cousins were introduced. Born just 3 months apart, these two are almost guaranteed to be buds for life.



Will also took his first trip to the theatre (before any of his siblings as a matter of fact). The center picture of his collage shows how he handled the whole production. This brings me two my next item of business. Footloose!

Posted by Picasa

For Ron's 60th (that's right...60th!) birthday, Janet surprised him with tickets for all of us to see "Footloose" the musical together. It was a fabulous night, with dinner and the show was awesome. You may have to be a member of the Miles family (or married to one) to appreciate it. I've said before that this family is a family of quoting movies and Footloose is definitely one of them. So when Ren said, "And what did David do? What did David do?", half the family burst out laughing out loud. The rest of the theatre patrons must have thought we were on something. Thanks to the Schaumanns who watched our older three so we could have an adults only night.

Now it's the Fancy Free portion of my blog post. School is back in session! We have been gearing Carson up all summer to be able to withstand the horror that is the Lion mascot. He has been so determined all summer that he was not, I repeat WAS NOT going to kindergarten. He would tear up over it. I promised him that I would go with him the first day since that's the day the lion comes out (and because it was kindergarten orientation and I had to be there anyway. I'm so sneaky). Miraculously the lion wasn't there and Carson had a great first day of school. He loves his teacher and when it was time to go home, he didn't want to. He has been the first one up in the morning since then and yesterday declared that school wasn't just fun, it was super fun. His buddy Luke is in the next classroom, so they get to play at recess together. It's just gravy on his fabulous career as a kindergartner. Can you hear my audible sigh of relief?




Preston. Preston only has a couple of pictures from the first day of school. That's because I wasn't allowed to walk him to class. He knew where he was going and I wasn't invited. I knew the day would come. I think I'll miss his presence most at home. He was my personal assistant this summer. He could get a snack, take someone (Abby) potty, fetch phones, diapers, drinks and anything else my little heart desired. What will I do without him?



A big thank you to Mimi for the lunch boxes and Grandma Lousie for the school clothes. You're both such peaches!
Abby and I are adjusting to life with each other. Right now we're not the best of friends. She hit two with a vengeance the day we brought William home. Now she can be pretty nasty to me. The good news is, it's just me. No one else seems to get the brunt of her orneriness. Aren't I the lucky one? I'm hoping this quiet time in the morning will help us bond. I would hate to have to ship her to grandma's. She did enjoy some backyard camping with her brothers before school started. They thought they were pretty special sleeping in the tent all alone.



I think that covers everyone. I have to split now anyway. Abby just peed in front of me out of spite and I have to go give her another bath.
On a side note, I wanted to give a shout out to my nephew Jackson. Just wanted him to know that we're all thinking about him and praying hard for him. It will be quite a tough year but I'm sure the outcome will be more than we ever could have hoped for! Love you buddy!

9 comments:

Shannon said...

I found out this summer that my Dad has never heard of the movie Footloose. Where was he in the 80's?

Holly said...

Looks like Fun, Fun, and more Fun! Will is getting so big and so handsome! You can ship Abby here anytime! Hooray for a good first day of school "lion-free"! Love and miss you guys!

Louise said...

Love, love, love the pictures!. Will's cheeks really need Grandma's kisses- he doesn't look like he's starving for sure. I love the one of Carson yawning, he looks like I feel after a long day at school. I am so proud of him and how brave he is being. Preston is as handsome as ever and looking pretty confident! Abby got her fair share of the bed while her brothers are hugging the edges, she is definitely a girl in charge, asleep and awake! Hope she will decide its easier to be friends with Mom soon for your sake!!

Becky Noftle said...

Great post--please ship Abby up here we would have someone other than me to play with Carter.

Joneel said...

Will's face is adorable in that picture. It's fun to see him chub out a bit. also, I know Carson's teacher. A friend from my younger years. Ask her about me. = )

Janet + Craig said...

I love that Preston (I believe) is sleeping with the Strawberry Shortcake blanket. That's gotta be worth a little extra love come wedding day... if he wants it left out of the slide show that is!

Hope things adjust soon with your little lady. Andrew's going through the terrible 2's and I get the brunt of it plus his being unhappy that sisters are gone all day. It's good times here too.

Annie said...

Congratulations! I am again amazed at how quickly these babies grow!

Katie S said...

What fun pictures! You're looking great!! It looks like a fun time is being had by the Miles' family. I can't believe how big your baby already is!

The Monson Crew said...

Those are some cute pics of Dean and Will.
Love the first day of school pictures! Those are some handsome boys you got there.
Footloose and dinner was a blast. The ties need to be mentioned that we were suppose to get those ugly things cut off by our server. Our men really don't wear ugly ties with normal shirts. lol!
I love how you did the picture collages. You will have to show me how.
Also, Can you send me copies of the pictures from Footloose?
Thanks Bren!
Chelsea xoxo