Ya'll may have noticed my expression of major pride in my little home town in the past. It's true. I love it. But last night the good folks north of Saddle Mountain outdid themselves. Thank you for taking care of my sister, for rendering such loving service to her and her family. I ache a little because I can't be there to paint and clean and babysit and just be there in general to go grab a Diet Coke for her. So thanks.
Maybe a bigger thanks should go to my beautiful, tall, tan and wonderful sister-by-marriage Courtney. She's the big spearhead of these projects and I love her so much for always thinking of others. She's our little project queen. She's the go getter, the one who always gets us moving no matter how resistant we are. She truly is a sister from another mister. I am struggling to find a word stronger than "grateful". But that's what I am for her. Grateful.
In case you're totally clueless, my nephew has been diagnosed with Neuro Degenerative Central Nervous System Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis, or ND CNS LCH (for short?). Jax was diagnosed with plain old Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis ten years ago and has been in remission until now. He will start 12 months of chemotherapy next week and the news has been heart wrenching and hopeful and all other emotions in between.
Yesterday was the first consultation appointment in Seattle, where the chemo will be administered. While they were at the doctor's, 30 or so Royal Citians painted the inside and outside of Becky's house. There were other projects going on too, but they escape my memory right now. Either that or mom never got around to telling me what they were, just that they were happening. This isn't the first time that this community has banded together for our family. It probably won't be the last either.
So thanks...again.

13 comments:
Royal is awesome isn't it? I hope all is well for Jax.
That sounds like a great place, and what they are doing for your family is amazing. hugs to you,poor little guy, prayers for him fo sho!
I wish all communities were like Royal!
AMEN SISTA!
Yes Port Royal rocks! Yes it sucks not being there. Yes Courtney is the BEST! Yes We LOVE Jackson! Yes Yes Yes!
Ditto....I know you would be partners in crime with C-baby if you lived in the same hemisphere--sigh....!
Wow, I love the picture of Royal! I guess I need to stop and enjoy the scenery more often. Can't wait till you girls can come see the end result, you'll be amazed. I know how hard it is for you guys to be so far away, but you all give so much love and support, your numerous calls of concern really do help. Love you
Love the post. Jax is in our thoughts and prayers. He is one tough kid! Miss you guys. Lets plan on hooking up in October! oxox
Love you Brenda. I know how hard it is to be away from those you love so much. We can do this.... Love, AD
Best wishes for your nephew and your family. What a cool community!!
What a wonderful community your family lives in!!! I'm sure it brings so much comfort to you knowing your sister and her family are being taken care off. Our hearts and prayers go out to all of you!
Lots of love,
Chelsea
Sorry to hear about your nephew. I hope all goes well. What a great place to grow up in. Hey, I think I see my house.:)
Alicia
Kirk can't believe that "Port Royale" made it into a post!! Whatever the city happens to be called it seems like a wonderful place to live!
Post a Comment