Friday, September 18, 2009

It's Been Two Months and 39 Minutes

Our little Will is not so little anymore. He is already soaring past his brothers and sister in the weight department when they were his age, and he started out almost a pound behind. He's just about 13 lbs. now. I always wanted a chubby baby and now I have one. I just love it!

Bubba is continuing to show us just how buff he is. He was born trying to lift his head up and look around at everything. He's basically mastered that now. He likes to lay on our chests and lift his head up to look us in the eye. I love it when he makes himself all cross-eyed. He's been working on his abs lately, trying to keep himself upright for as long as possible. Yep, he's really focusing on those core muscles right now. I think he's trying to send me a message.

~All cute and cross-eyed.~

During the last couple of weeks he has also started smiling at us. We eat this up like a Fast Sunday dinner.

~At least we know he's happy.~

Last week he also found his voice. The cooing and gurgling has begun. I love hearing the stories he tells me. I imagine they are very informative and important, but I'm just not quite intelligent enough to make them out.

~He loves to stare at his siblings, I'm sure he's trying to tell them stories too. "Remeber that time in Heaven when we swang on the pearly gates?"~

He still enjoys sleeping all bundled up, but occasionally likes to poke his little arms out.

~Welcome to Will's gun show.~


~Napping in his favorite spot, the couch.~

Not everything has been peachy with our Bubba lately. He caught a little cold that turned into a little cough that turned into a visit to the Urgent Care Clinic. There they told me he caught a little RSV. We realized it very early on so he doesn't have a very serious case of it, thank goodness. I knew what I was looking for this time around (Abigail got it at 2 months as well, can someone tell me why my Utah babies were RSV free and my California babies both got it?). As soon as I heard that first tight little cough, we went straight to the clinic. I'm so glad I did. He is on antibiotics and nebulizer treatments every 4 hours. Here's the kicker. He has started sleeping longer at night finally. He'll go 7-8 hour stretches now. Unfortunately, I have to get up every 4 hours to give him a treatment, and my little sweetie gets to sleep right through it! I don't even care though. As long as he gets feeling better soon, it's completely worth it.

~Treatment time.~

I'm in mourning for the last two months. They have flown by. He's not teeny anymore. He's still tiny, but not teeny. This stage of my life is rapidly sprinting away from me. So I know you'll all excuse me while I go enjoy it before it's all gone.

10 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh my goodness, he is so cute and squishy! I know what you mean about being in mourning, my guy turns SEVEN months tomorrow :( I am sooo sad, where does the time go??

Suzanne said...

He is just so cute and so like Abby. I'm glad he is feeling better too, Poor baby.

Heather said...

I just can't even think about the fact that he's two months old and I haven't gotten to snuggle on him yet! Please- just let me pretend he's still newborn! Only 11 more days- and he's all mine :) Can't wait!

: : JeSsIca g0nZaLez : : said...

oo he looks just like his sister!!! I wish I was there to see him and hug him!!! his smile is just like his daddy!!!

TheShippenFamily said...

He is so cute. I love his smile!!

Liz said...

OHHH I love him, is that ok?:)

Courtney said...

He is too cute! Im glading he is feeling better too, i had no idea he was sick. You better stop feeding him so much, he is already almost as big as Aftyn...Im the one that gets to have chubby babies :) miss you guys!

Becky Noftle said...

I didn't know he was sick either--big talker of the family is going to lose her big talker status. And howbecombe Aunt Heather is going to see you in 11 days, you are def. losing the big talker status, I'm very disappointed Brenda.

Megan said...

He is just too sweet for words! What a cutie. I really like the pic of him looking so intently at Preston - adorable!!

The Monson Crew said...

Oh I just love him and can't wait to watch him, and snuggle, and kiss those chubby cheeks on Friday!!! Don't be jealous Anderson girls...Oh that is so mean I know. (Hopefully) he will be better! Maybe I will be eating my words...ooops.