I was planning on doing a cute blog post about Carson since I hadn't talked about him in a while. But now I can't remember what is was I was going to say about him. I have stuff waiting in the wings about William, but I feel like he consumes the bulk of the conversation lately. Not that he's not just the best blog subject EVER, but still, I have other children.
Let's move on to Abby, shall we? She and I have been bonding these last three weeks. I'm happy to report, we are getting along swimmingly. She still has her bouts of stubbornness (alright, me too) but she is starting to resent me less and warm up to me more. She still has her moments (mostly when I sit down to nurse the baby) when all she wants is me. These also seem to be the times she absolutely has to go potty right now! I've left William screaming on the couch more than once to go help Princess relieve herself. Speaking of restroom issues, the regression seems to be waining and we are almost back to perfection in that department. Insert audible sigh of relief here.
She has taken on some of my more motherly (bossy) traits now. I often hear her comforting William, chastising the big boys and she likes to tell me "Just a minute, I'm busy. Okay?" when I ask her to do something for me. We've had a couple of scares with her carrying Will down the hallway. In her defense, the only times she's been caught attempting this is when he's crying and she's trying to bring him to me. In her words, "Will wants you mama". Mama wants William to live until his first birthday, however, so I'm not always as grateful for her help as she assumes I should be.

One of the highlights of her week are the days when Lily comes over. I watch Miss Lily once a week and boy these girls can play. They love lotion and baby powder and board games and liquid soap;) They're pretty sneaky too. Instead of nursing being a cue for Abby to need me desperately, it becomes a 15 minute window for them to run free. We do love having Lily over and Abby gets pretty upset when it's time for her to go home.
I've taken a few pictures the last couple of weeks of these two sweet girls. Here's their day in photos.
Usually, they are good buddies. They like to dress-up together.
Ocassionally, they need the same toy. Sometimes there's a scuffle.
After a brief "time-out"...
...they decide sharing is a better plan.
Like I said, we love it when Lily comes over. Personally, I'm grateful for the playmate, it takes some of the focus off Will.
~They even trade shoes. BFF's in the making.~



6 comments:
Such cuties!! Thanks for watching her. She loves hanging out with you and Abby!!
Your photography is simply gorgeous in this blog.
Well I think it was gorgeous in the last post too. You're a pro Brenda. Nothing like some girly girls to bring a smile to your face. Nursing is the pits with a toddler in the house..... Melanie was so NAUGHTY way back when. Luckily she transformed into my BFF. Daughters are the best! Well neices are great too. :)
You do take awesome pictures. Want to do some Wade family pic's when you are in Utah? The little girls are so cute together, it is so nice when they can play and give you a minute of peace....except for the mess that has to be cleaned up after. So is it really a break? At least they have fun...right?
Love, love, love the pictures!! Glad to see they both have the "cheese smile" down pat.
P.S. Did I tell you I love the pictures?
Very cute post Brenda! So glad little princess is doing better with the attitude and toilet.
Post a Comment