It's time to pick out pumpkins. Luckily, we were able to tag along with the cub scouts to Cal Poly Pomona's pumpkin farm. It was loads of fun...for the kids. As a side note, don't attempt to take 4 children to pick out pumpkins, with no bathrooms (at least none that were in an emergency ready distance), with no wagon to haul said pumpkins, with no other adult to help man the troops and all in the pouring rain. It's not as fun as it sounds.
Actually, I'm exaggerating. It didn't start to pour until we were getting ready to pay for our items. So only the child loading zone was an issue. But I did trek a stroller across a muddy pumpkin patch, all while toting 4 pumpkins and an infant. Abby did have a major accident in the middle of pumpkinland. That was when I threw my hands up and said "Oh, well. It is what it is" and let her run wet and stinky through the field. The kids did have a blast and that's what matters. I might as well grudgingly admit to having a great time myself. After all, it gave me an opportunity to capture my favorite photo subjects.
These guys...
Next up...Carson turns 6!

7 comments:
Yea that doesn't sound too fun. I am glad the kids had a good time though! I guess that is why we do pretty much everything we do! At least you got some way cute pictures! Miss you guys!
Wow- really great pictures! Sorry it was really funny that Abby had an accident. If she were a boy- she could've just taken care of business in the pumpkin patch. Love you guys!
Maybe it wasn't that fun for you, but the pictures make it look fun!! Abby is looking soooo big!
Great pictures! (But then again, I am a sucker for all things autumn - especially pumpkins!) :)
Now just our of curiosity.....was she stinky and wet whilst sitting on that pumpkin? And if yes did you take it home:)
Looks like a really fun time. The pictures are amazing. :)
Am I the only one who is going to comment on Carson's hair?? Why can't you love him?!!
Post a Comment