~I feel like he's always airbourne.~
That sounds too old and mature for my Carson. It's quite possible that he will remain that same mischievous three year old that I advertised here. In fact, I'd put good money on the fact that he will always be mischievous. Any takers?
The morning started out with the traditional breakfast in bed. He wanted pancakes. Then he opened presents.

Then he went to school. I came too.

That sounds too old and mature for my Carson. It's quite possible that he will remain that same mischievous three year old that I advertised here. In fact, I'd put good money on the fact that he will always be mischievous. Any takers?
The morning started out with the traditional breakfast in bed. He wanted pancakes. Then he opened presents.

Then he went to school. I came too.

~In the bottom right corner is his new "wife" Kelsea. He talks about her incessantly.~
After school, we had a very small impromptu party with family and neighbors. Unfortunately, most of the family was sick. Darn the flu. He had fun anyway. All we needed was a little Mentos and Diet Coke action.
After school, we had a very small impromptu party with family and neighbors. Unfortunately, most of the family was sick. Darn the flu. He had fun anyway. All we needed was a little Mentos and Diet Coke action.

After the festivities, Carson and I drove to Disneyland to claim his free day pass. Actually, I kidnapped him. I knew he would never go voluntarily, what with there being mascots at Disneyland and all. I told him we needed to sneak out and I was secretly going to take him to McDonald's for a Birthday Happy Meal. He was all for this and even placed his order before I could get him buckled in the car (cheeseburger, no onions, mustard or pickles, apple dippers, and a chocolate milk).
After I bought him the Happy Meal and kept driving he started getting suspicious. "Where are you taking me mom?" When I told him, he wasn't too thrilled with me. On the way Uncle Cory and Aunt Gina called to wish him a happy birthday. He pour his little heart out to them on the upcoming trauma that was about to unfold. He even asked Uncle Cory (aka Coach to Carson...we don't know why) if he was scared of mascots when he was little.
I kept reminding him that he was six, and he had told us that when he turned six he wouldn't be scared of mascots anymore. He told me that he had changed his mind. Now seven is the magic number when braveness will evidently set in.
When we got there and started walking through Downtown Disney, he kept saying over and over again, "What are you doing to me mom? Seriously, you always have bad ideas. This is a bad idea mom." You'd think I was forcing him to get an "I heart mom" tattoo.
We got his pass and I told him we didn't have to go in today. You could feel the stress physically leave his little body. On the way back to the car, we stopped in at the Lego store and I let him pick out a little something. The rest of the walk I was showered with "Mom, you were right. This WAS a good idea. You're always right and I'm always wrong. Except for the time that Piggy said the bugs on "Bug's Life" were named Rock and Roll and I said they were Tuck and Roll and I was right and he was wrong and he said Good job Carce, you were right and I was wrong. I was right that time, but mostly I'm wrong. I love you mom."
We love this strange, wonderful little man. He keeps us laughing and scratching our heads at the same time. I sometimes wish I was a fly on the wall of his cranium. I'd love to see where he comes up with some of this stuff. What a dull life we would have without him. We love this boy to pieces.
~One more for good measure.~
9 comments:
He He. LOL. That little dude is the cutest/funniest little 6 year old I know.
Happy Birthday Dude!
Happy Birthday Carson! I can't believe he is 6. CRAZY!!! We love his funny little personality soo much, just wish we got to see it more often! We'll keep our fingers crossed that your day in Disney land is a FUN one!
What a terrible idea to go to Disneyland. Seriously- what kind of mother are you?? Can't beleive how fast these little monkeys are growing up!
He is hysterical--tell him I will pose as him on Disney days--cause I love him so much.
I can not believe that he is really scared of mascots. i though that you were always kidding!
I remember him being a little nursery kid! Happy Birthday!
Lame comment warning - but how do you get those cool collage thingies on your blog? Seeing as though I am seriously mamarazzi, I spend WAY too much time uploading and moving pictures one at a time. I have tried to limit the amount of pictures I put on my blog, but I can't - and then I go like a month in between posts beacuse I NEED pictures all over. Anyway, I really like how you did that, I'm in awe.
Oh, and happy birthday Carson! Our babies are growing up and I don't like it!!
Carson, we were soooo sad to miss your birthday! Can't wait to see you tonight we are still holding on to your birthday "prize"
love you,
Auntie Chelsea
I love the quirks of a second child. Carson is funny and he reminds me of Dane with some of his stories. I hope you get back to Disney soon with that pass. I'm with Becky, I'll take it. :)
Post a Comment