He just keeps getting bigger and better this boy of mine. Two weeks ago I took he and Carson to the doctor for their check-ups. Carson is in the 10th percentile for both weight and height. No surprises there. My kids have always hovered between 10-12th percentile with the exception of their head circumferences (usually around the 60th percentile. Lopsided much? It's like an orange on a toothpick. Go on, name that movie.) Well, our little butterball was 16lbs. 4oz. and was 24 inches long. Roughly translated he was in the 50th for height (I about hit the floor) and 90th for weight (Tears of pride started to fall). I know this is the norm for most of you out there, but we're feeling pretty pleased at our house! We finally have a chub in the house (besides Trev and I) and we are loving every chunky piece of him.
Will has really started to show his personality. The best way I can describe him is a mix between Preston and Abby. On the one hand, he is so happy and smiles constantly. His smile even reminds me of Preston's. The one exception to his constant state of joy is when he's hungry. Here's where he takes after his sister. When it's mealtime, he lets us know. He's starving and wants to eat NOW!
He's still hasn't grasped the sleep at night concept yet. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I always heard that bigger babies sleep better. I beg to disagree. My theory is that he has such a big stomach that he gets hungry more often. Every three hours to be exact. He usually gives us one 5 hour stretch a day and unfortunately it's between the hours of 7pm to midnight. Hardly worth it pal.
He has definitely found his hands. He loves to eat them. And drool on them. His shirt is constantly in need of being wrung out. Occasionally he finds his thumb. That's when we panic and shove the binkie in his mouth. He spits too. It's adorable. He sticks out his tongue and blows raspberries which sends spittle down his chin. I love it...for now.
He still is talking and cooing up a storm. It never fails to make us giggle and glow at him. He has just thrown us head over heels in love with him.
9 comments:
He is soooooooooooooooooooooo Adorable.
Oh I miss that boy. Those are some great pictures of an absolutely delicious baby boy!Can't wait to love on him some more!
Movie: So I married an axe murderer. "he has his own weathering system" ha ha ha!!! hilarious.
I LOVE chubby babies too and both of my kids have been skinny so I can totally relate with your excitement on having a chub! Enjoy the rolls. :)
Love, love, love the pictures but I doubt he could take a bad one. Can't wait to get my hands on him. There could be a bloody fight during Christmas between Grandma, Aunts and a pletheria of cousins (however Zoe will win hands down there). Watch out Will, we may intoduce you to your Aunt Courtney and her "Baby Wise" methods. She will enjoy filling your Mom in on all that.
Very true Mom! There very well may be a bloody fight over this little guy. And Zoe is a tough one...she loves the babies like no other. Oh I can't wait to see you guys, especially chubby, adorable little Will!
I. Want. Him. I might be a big cousin but I'll fight for him too. I could put up a pretty big fight with Zoe too, she better watch out. Great photos of your sweet little chub.
What a cutie. Maybe he is a cross between Pres and Abby personality wise, but to me he looks more like Carson. Move over aunts..... Great Aunts have priority!!!
He is so stinkin cute! Give them all big hugs and kisses from us. Miss you guys! xoxo
So I Married an Axe Murder. Classic--let's watch it at the lodge during Christmas. Aftyn and Will will not be enough babies for sure, everyone check around for some more to bring for the holidays. A fight between Melanie and Zoe, I should warn Mel that Zoe does not fight fair---ahhh she'll figure it out.
Post a Comment