Monday, December 7, 2009

Princess Is Three (Can It Be?)

Her Royal Highness is three. I can't believe it. That's old. She knows it. She's all grown up and sassy now.

We started out the day with...you guessed it, breakfast in bed. We had to wake her up. She's adorable first thing in the morning.




She's not nearly as picky as her brothers yet, so she was satisfied with an Eggo and Dora yogurt.


She opened her little presents and quickly tossed aside the new dresses for her new miniature princess, Snow White. We love these. They're the perfect size for church.


Unfortunately, the day only got busier and busier and we weren't really able to celebrate the rest of the day with her. We did RUSH to Disneyland and back to get her free birthday pass. I felt guilty that we couldn't stay longer. She was overcome with princess pleasure and we only walked through downtown Disney. I can't wait to take her back. Carson's reaction was much more nerve racking and when I went on my birthday the boys complained the whole time that their feet hurt. I think I've found my perfect Disney buddy in Abigail. It's still magical for her and I alike. I won't get started on Trevor's attitude for it.

We are planning a family party for next Sunday and I'll be sure to post all about it. Until then, here are the recent facts on our baby girl.

She loves to sing. All. Day. Long. I can't get enough. It cracks me up in the car when she yell/sings over the radio. The music is never loud enough for her. Her favorites right now are the "Enchanted" soundtrack and Mika's "Life in Cartoon Motion" CD. We obviously listen to the latter more often since it's less likely to grate on everybody's nerves.

She can be such a stinker and the next minute she seems like she's an angel sent from Heaven. She fights with her brothers but knows how to turn on the charm to get what she wants out of them. The same goes for her Daddy.


She has a definite independent streak to her. She's in the phase now of changing clothes 5-6 times a day, even putting on fresh jammies in the morning before she gets dressed for the day. This is one phase I have issues with, but whatever. She's a girl.

She loves to sing...I already mentioned that? It's worth repeating.

She started calling Daddy "Trebor" and talking to him in a condescending voice. She'll even add an exasperated/frustrated "huuunnny", every once in a while. I don't know where she gets it from.


She's a great big sister to William. She can still be a little rough at times but it's never malicious. She has the greatest baby talk.


We love this little princess more than words. She so full of life and personality and spitfire. We wouldn't trade her for the world!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARLING ABBY ANN!

8 comments:

melanie said...

Oh. My. Word. I know this is Abby's post but I cannot get over that fat, fat baby!! 'I eat babies!' I hope I can squeeze him at least once while you are here. Do his legs, tree trunks, cankles hurt him much? That is asked in a loving, adorable way. :)

OK, back to the birthday girl. Happy Birthday Abby! I'm so glad you like Disney with your mama. I want to hear you sing too. Are you prepping for the girl cousin band down the road?

melanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mark said...

Happy Birthday Abby! She has daddy wrapped around that little finger. I can still hear her answer to everything I said. "Huh?"

I'm rolling on the floor here after reading Melanie's comments. She took the words out of my mouth. Will is a chubbster alright.

Heather said...

Happy Birthday to the sassiest/sweetest little 3 year old I know. We CAN'T wait to love on her.... and of course baby Will. Love you guys!

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Abby! It is crazy that she is already 3! She is so stinking cute! I can't wait to hear her singing in the car for 12 hours! Tyson will be singing right along with her. Maybe it will make the time go by faster? Or seem REALLY long? Can't wait to see you!

Louise said...

Abby, you are a blessing to your/our family! Can't wait for Christmas so I can give you a great big hug.

Becky Noftle said...

Singing, disney fan, annoying to the men in her life, she is my other daughter, I thought I had misplaced one....

Triple A said...

Happy Birthday. Wow they grow up fast. Hey can you send me your address for Christmas cards. My email is kroge6@aol.com.