Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Christmas In A Series Of Collages

Everything in collages? Yes. I'm that lazy and that behind. I just couldn't get the blogging done before Christmas. Then I left. For a long time. A touch too long. 11 days away from my BFF, LOML, or EC (whichever you want to call him) was rough. We had such a great time. But I was lonely at night. He complained that it was worse for him, what with the empty house and all. Still, we had great pre-Christmas events, a great Christmas, great vacation, great memories and great food. Seriously all I did was eat. Seriously. So here are the photo montages from before the kids and I deserted Trevor. I'll leave you in a little bit of suspense for the Washington pictures. You're not in suspense? You should be. They're pretty good.

The lights in Alta Loma with Cory, Gina and company...including Junee, the dog. I heart Christmas lights and people festive enough to go "all out" like this.



School and Church parties, a decorated Christmas tree (with a baby falling asleep beneath it), and a family picture in our Christmas best. Okay, this one I have to give a little more info. Typical of school these days, it wasn't a Christmas party but a "holiday party". There's a picture in there of Carson spinning a dreidel. At the church CHRISTMAS party the kids met Santa. You may wonder why there's no story about Carson freaking out at the Santa mascot. He was too eager to tell him that he wanted a "real bow and arrow for kids" to let his paralyzing paranoia get in between he and Santa. I was super proud of the boys when they participated in the ward talent show by singing with their buddies. It's something their father would have NEVER done!



'Twas the night before Christmas and we broke with tradition and let the kids open all their presents. Because of our big road trip the next day we decided to exchange gifts a day early to allow them time to enjoy playing with them and for Trevor to enjoy watching the kids enjoy playing! We had Mimi, Papa, and Brandon over for dinner and got to give and receive with them as well.



Christmas morning confirmed Santa's arrival the night before. Carson's wish was granted and he and his brother are now the proud owners of real bows and arrows for kids (the rest of us have taken cover)! Abby got a Loving Family dollhouse and Will has a new baby basketball hoop. I'm not bragging or anything but we are pretty cute in our matching skull themed jammies.

3 comments:

Louise said...

That was so fun to get a little glimpse of your various CHRISTMAS celebrations, thanks!! Looks like Santa was good to the Miles family this year. Love you all!!

Holly said...

Sooo cute pictures! I love your collages...teach me how to do it! We are sure glad Trevor was nice enough to share your family with us for a while. We had the best time! Miss you already! Love you!

Sally said...

A. You are gorgeous. Have you ever taken a bad picture?
B. I love the one of tiny Will asleep in front of the glowing tree. Good shot!