This one is hard. We are on the other side of six months, inching our way toward that one year mark. Dang time.
~Bath time. Notice how he's sitting in some of the pics. Such raw talent.~
Will has had a rough month. He was sick for about 3 weeks of it. The stinky part of it all is that he didn't need to be. We think it all boiled down to an allergic reaction to a change in formula. Poor Pudge was congested beyond all help. It caused the worst post nasal drip coughing fits. His eyes were watering, he wouldn't eat and because he was starving, he wouldn't sleep. Once family members (aka Mimi and Papa) suggested allergies, it all became very clear to this bleary-eyed mama. Within 24 hours of switching back to the old formula, Pudge had made his return. Less than 3 days later he was 100%. Unfortunately, we messed with his sleeping schedule enough that he thinks bedtime is 7:00pm and 5:00am is when he's ready to greet us for the day. "Good morning sunshine" aren't the words that I croak to him at that hour. Imagine some serious adult whining and crying.

~Super cool studly man...and he knows it.~
This month wasn't all bad news. Will has established "master" status in the sitting up department. It wasn't a week or so after he turned 6 months that he figured it out. He was super pleased with himself. He loves to sit up and play with his big brothers, as they hand him GI Joe guys equipped with tiny plastic guns. It's not stressful at all. "Choking hazard" isn't in Preston and Carson's vocabulary.
~This is what he thinks of me and my camera. It won't stop me though.~
This past month has also brought sweet potatoes. Oh, how he adores his sweet potatoes. His face, first lights up, then gets dead serious as he flails his arms and throws his body towards the container. His determination is inspiring.
~Sweet potato face. Looks delicious to me.~
One last milestone that is a bit delayed, rolling over. He does it. But only to his right side and then his arm gets in the way and he can't complete the rotation (sounds like I've been watching too much of the Olympics). I would work harder on this but is it really necessary? I don't want him rolling all over the place. I'm not ready to baby proof the house again. I'm a selfish soul. Now the guilt has set in and I vow to teach him to roll over the minute he wakes up from his morning nap...maybe.
Will has had a rough month. He was sick for about 3 weeks of it. The stinky part of it all is that he didn't need to be. We think it all boiled down to an allergic reaction to a change in formula. Poor Pudge was congested beyond all help. It caused the worst post nasal drip coughing fits. His eyes were watering, he wouldn't eat and because he was starving, he wouldn't sleep. Once family members (aka Mimi and Papa) suggested allergies, it all became very clear to this bleary-eyed mama. Within 24 hours of switching back to the old formula, Pudge had made his return. Less than 3 days later he was 100%. Unfortunately, we messed with his sleeping schedule enough that he thinks bedtime is 7:00pm and 5:00am is when he's ready to greet us for the day. "Good morning sunshine" aren't the words that I croak to him at that hour. Imagine some serious adult whining and crying.
~Super cool studly man...and he knows it.~
This month wasn't all bad news. Will has established "master" status in the sitting up department. It wasn't a week or so after he turned 6 months that he figured it out. He was super pleased with himself. He loves to sit up and play with his big brothers, as they hand him GI Joe guys equipped with tiny plastic guns. It's not stressful at all. "Choking hazard" isn't in Preston and Carson's vocabulary.
This past month has also brought sweet potatoes. Oh, how he adores his sweet potatoes. His face, first lights up, then gets dead serious as he flails his arms and throws his body towards the container. His determination is inspiring.
~Sweet potato face. Looks delicious to me.~One last milestone that is a bit delayed, rolling over. He does it. But only to his right side and then his arm gets in the way and he can't complete the rotation (sounds like I've been watching too much of the Olympics). I would work harder on this but is it really necessary? I don't want him rolling all over the place. I'm not ready to baby proof the house again. I'm a selfish soul. Now the guilt has set in and I vow to teach him to roll over the minute he wakes up from his morning nap...maybe.
9 comments:
WHERE ARE THE PICTURES OF PUDGE?? I NEED TO SEE HIM!!
Poor Pudge aka William! I'm glad you figured out what was wrong. Hope he's on the mend with no other sicknesses and/or allergies brewing in the mist.
Oh what a sweet, sweet boy! I'm so glad feeling better! I LOVE the sweet potato collage. Absolutely priceless :) Now if only I could get my hands on all that "pudgyness"!
Thanks for putting the pictures up after I complained! It just isn't a William post withough cute pudgey pictures!
I saw a winkerwoodle---as his Aunt I must protest in his behalf. Glad to see you did through in a Gma Bishop washcloth shot though! Sweet potatoes bring out the best in me too Wills.
Seriously... look at those eyelashes..! He is absolutely adorable. Just like his mamma! xoxo
I'm with you Will, those sweet potatoes are my personal favorite too! Luckily your Aunt Becky and I always make sweet potatoes for holiday dinners, even tho we are the only ones who will eat them. I agree with Brooke, you're looking alot like your Mamma!
He is so fat and cute, and I wanna bite him! Ps...I love the "censor block"....
Oh Pudge! We love you and are glad you are feeling better! Good luck with the art of sitting.
Post a Comment